MDSC [19]

Sam Character Design from picrew

Sam Character Design from picrew.com (online avatar maker)
*Photo not mine

Chapter 19

"Where are you going? It's Saturday," Adams asked as Jae strolled down the stairs in a simple shirt and pants get-up. She wrapped a royal blue scarf around her neck and pocketed her phone. "Are you wearing make-up? Ah, are you going on a date, dearest sister? Who is it? Is it the emo guy or the conceited one?"

Jae shot a glared towards her brother while grabbing her coat from the coat rack and slipping it on. "Shut up, Adams."

Adams raised both of his eyebrows as he sipped from his morning coffee. "You didn't answer the question. Tell me or I will come with you."

Jae groaned internally. "I'm just going Christmas shopping with Skye," she murmured. "And I'm just wearing lip gloss, no make-up."

"Same difference," his brother said as he walked closer to Jae to ruffle her hair. Jae slapped his hands away before he could even touch her hair. "Be home by 7 or you can't hang out with that guy again."

She grumbled under her breath whilst picking up her small purse she left on the couch. "Whatever, mom." Jae left her house and found Skye already waiting for her in front.

His shiny, red car was parked, stealing the attention of a passerby. Jae hated it. It was like a spotlight was always directed at you, no matter where you go. It suited Sky's tastes perfectly, but not hers. She prefers to be in the background.

Skye was wearing a black and red loose long-sleeved shirt and black pants. He gave off a filthy, rich guy vibe that can buy you and everything you own. Jae hated it. The vibe he's setting off, not him. For some reason, Jae couldn't find it in her being to hate him.

"You certainly took your time," Skye greeted. "The old guy's already in the factory. Hurry up." He opened the shotgun seat for Jae before he circled around to climb to the driver's seat.

Jae slipped inside after him and closed the door. While she pulled the seatbelt, she asked, "The factory? I thought we were going Christmas shopping."

Skye snickered as he turned on the engine. "This is Christmas shopping." They drove off as soon as Jae put on her seatbelt. Her eyes roamed around the car. This was the second time she's been in here. Skye leaves it nice and clean. There's no trace of garbage or scratches anywhere in the car. It's obvious he was taking good care of it.

"Why are we shopping in a factory?" Jae wondered, "What factory are we even going to?"

"It's a gift-wrapping factory, sweetheart. It's where we buy the gift-wrapper for the hundreds and thousands of gifts. Our marketing team wanted us to buy just one design for every gift this year. I think that's why Wynter wanted you to come. He wanted a second opinion." Skye glanced at Jae who was looking out the window.

"Why me? Also, where do you buy the 'hundreds and thousands of gifts'? I believe you still haven't told me how that works," Jae retorted. This was it. The secret to their gift-giving! Even when she's heard of the stories of Santa Claus hundreds of times, it just didn't make sense. Where the hell do they get their gifts? How do they even know what gift to buy for a particular child? Do they have a list of what the child wants? What if the child likes more than one gift?