MDSC [7]

Chapter 7

Sam walked off before Jae could even open her mouth. Uh-oh. "Hey, I got to go," Jae said, closing her lunchbox and stashing it inside her bag. She glanced once at Skye and smiled apologetically. "I'll see you."

Skye didn't say anything as he watched the girl get up and leave. She didn't even turn back around for the last time. Sighing, he fixed his attention to his phone once more as a bored look settled on his face. His eye caught the glint of the watch on his wrist, and a corner of his mouth twitched upward.

"Is somebody seated here?"

Skye went upward to the source of the voice. A female student, a cute one, had dared ask to sit beside him. He swept his gaze towards the group of girls a distance away behind her like they've been coaxing her to ask him herself. Skye's grin widened. "Nope."

***

"Sam!" Jae called for him again and again. She tried to walk as fast as she can just to catch up with him. She can't run, running was strictly forbidden in the corridors. The last thing she needed was to get sent to the guidance office. "Sam!" She tried not to raise her voice too much so it wouldn't attract attention.

Too late, though. Sam's annoyed look and dark aura had fascinated girls of different classes. They looked at him like a predator circling their prey. Well, Sam was already hot, to begin with, but with this kind of expression, he looked like the bad boy type every regular girl dreamed of.

Jae kept walking. Some girls had thrown her glares for even trying to 'call' his attention. And she was about to reach his arm when someone grabbed her hair from behind and almost pulled her to the ground. With wide eyes, Jae looked at the culprit.

It was the girl from her first class. Mitch. Yes, her. A wicked grin was fixed on her face as she looked at Jae in disgust. "What were you saying earlier, bitch? I thought Sam wanted your company?" she mocked. Her friends were right behind her and laughed at the insults thrown at her. A crowd gathered and it consisted of those who have seen her chase Sam so desperately. Or that was what they saw her look like.

Jae combed a hand through her already frizzy hair and tried to untangle the knots that Mitch made. "I'm sorry, I have to go," Jae said as blankly as she can and then walked away from the forming crowd, only to get pulled back into the circle. This time her hair was grabbed with so much force, she was slammed to the ground.

"Don't fuck around with me, Camilla Jae. We've all heard about you. But look at what we have here. It looks like he doesn't want you anymore, slut," Mitch hissed. A few students from the group snickered.

Jae tried to stand up, only to get pushed back by a different student. "You think you're better than us!"

"What the hell are you all talking about?!" Jae whispered. This is what happens when you try to befriend one of the hottest guys in school? And Sam was a transfer student, for Christ's sake. If Jae had known this would happen, she wouldn't have approached Sam in the first place.

No, definitely a lie. She would still hang around, Sam. Sam was her friend. Someone she managed to connect with even with unsaid words.

Mitch sneered. "Stop trying to take him all for yourself, bitch."

Sam, you asshole. This was his entire fault. For being friends with her and for not entertaining anyone other than her. But Jae knew deep inside that this was none of his faults. It was these girls' fault for being so thirsty. It wasn't like Sam was the only handsome guy around.

An image flashed in her mind and she tried not to scowl. Why did she think of him? Well, Santa Claus was a really, really beautiful man with his silver-white hair and strong jawbone. Okay, stop. What the hell are you thinking about, Jae?