MDSC [5]

Chapter 5

Christmas break ended. It was time to go back to school. Jae groaned. Time moved too fast. She already set her alarm clock to wake her up at 5 in the morning so she could catch the second trip of a bus to school.

Unfortunately for her, she woke up at 5:30. She hadn't been woken up by her alarm clock. She groaned in her hands for a couple more seconds when she realized this. Then she proceeded to shower and get dressed as fast as she could.

When she went downstairs, her brother was the only person in the house with her, who was lazily eating out of his cereal bowl. He hadn't greeted her a good morning for he was too busy rubbing his face in his phone.

Jae groaned loudly, trying to catch his attention. She failed. Jae rolled her eyes at her brother and grabbed a bowl for herself and poured cereal and milk onto it. As she settled down on her seat, she tried to make noises as she grumpily mixed her cereal. Nope, it still wasn't working. Jae sighed loudly.

Adams finally gave her an annoyed glance. "What are you doing?"

Jae tried to hide her smile. "I missed the bus," she answered flatly as she kept her gaze on her cereal, a hand on her cheek.

"Hurry up, then. I'll drive you to school," Adams said and he returned his attention to his phone.

Jae cheered silently when her plan worked and ate the cereal. "Thanks, bro!"

"It's not like the professors would come to class on the first day after Christmas break," Adams said pointedly. "You're going to likely flirt with that transferee."

Jae's cheeks reddened. "He was the one who approached me first!"

There was a new student who enrolled in their class this school year. He was undeniably good-looking, and all her girl classmates knew it. But he was aloof and quiet most of the time. He liked the color black, Jae could tell. Especially since all he wore were dark clothing. Shirts, sweaters, jackets and even his pants were always the darker color.

His hair was trimmed on both sides, while the middle section was slowly swept upward. It gave him an edgy kind of vibe and when Jae talked to him for the first time, it would seem to be true.

On the first day of class, the new transferee was introduced. He was placed between Jae and another female student. They didn't speak at all but the other girl tried to make small talk to him. This made the new guy extremely annoyed with her and wouldn't even glance her way. The girl was equally irritated and by the end of the first class, the girl made everyone dislike the new guy just because he didn't talk to her.

Of course, this made Jae feel bad for him. And when lunch came and she saw him eating alone in the cafeteria, she didn't hesitate to sit with him.

The new guy barely even looked at her when she plopped her tray down on the table. Jae cleared her throat and pretended to ignore him while she started eating her lunch.

Unluckily for them, the girl who sat beside the new guy from the first class passed by and stopped by their table. She was with a whole group of friends and made sure she had an audience while she spat drama after drama. "What are you doing?" the girl asked Jae.

Jae knew her. She was considered as one of the popular kids in school. So it made sense that it offended her that the new, cute guy didn't even spare her a glance. "I'm eating?" Jae answered the stupid question with a raised eyebrow.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Oh my god, what an idiot," she said loudly. Her group of friends started snickering. Jae tried her hardest not to let anger slip away from her hands. "I meant, what are you doing with him?" She glared at the new guy, who was totally ignoring the conversation that was even happening.