MDSC [23]

Chapter 23

"So, how'd your Christmas go, Camilla?"

Jae walked along the hallway of their school with Margaret. They've settled their differences and decided to apologize to one another just before Christmas vacation started. Now, they're back to hanging out during that one class they have together. The second semester of this school year continues right now on the first day of the week of January.

"It's been wild," Jae answered. "You wouldn't believe it." Maggie has always been the one person she shares her experiences with Santa Claus with. "White came to my house," Jae started. For the same reason as Jae and Sam, they started using Snow or White as a codename for Santa Claus. Jae told her almost everything, leaving out the part on Sam barging inside the bathroom and things... happening...

"Wait, wait, back-up!" Maggie intervened, "He showed up in your room, drunk as hell? And he was crying, too?"

Jae never had the chance to think about it since their kiss was the only thing in her mind. Is it a good idea to tell her about that, too? "Yeah? So?"

Maggie rolled her eyes on how dense her friend was. "Girl, that's an obvious sign he likes you. It's like drunk-texting except it's an extreme version of it. Damn, he's crazy about you."

Jae couldn't stop her cheeks from heating up. "What are you saying? Stop that! That's embarrassing!" she hissed at her friend who was told her aloud. "I told you, he's socially reclusive! I don't think he understands at all what he did."

"True, Camilla," Maggie smirked playfully as she tapped her nose. "Both of you are very dense freaks and none of you would probably confess to each other their true feelings." They stopped beside the door to their room. "It's really up to you. Do you want to take your relationship up a notch or are you content with being friends with him?"

Jae was about to open her mouth when Margaret stopped her with a hand. "That was a rhetorical question. You're the one who needs to think it over. I don't plan on delving into your relationship troubles, Camilla."

"But, Maggie! What should I do?" Jae whined to her friend but Margaret was having none of it. She entered the room first with Jae disappointedly followed behind her. They took their seats and Jae opened up another conversation because Sir Wynter wasn't here yet. "I also need to tell you about this weird thing Sam did when he spent Christmas with my family."

Margaret blinked twice. "Did I hear you right? That depressed weirdo showed up spent Christmas with you? And also White?" Jae nodded in response. Maggie bursts out laughing. "Oh, sweet Jesus. I can't believe it. The three of you? I can't believe I'm saying this but the three of you will die of old age without expressing your feelings, ever."

Jae groaned. "What does that mean? I don't get it."

Margaret shook her head. "Whatever, Camilla. I think I'm just gonna have to sit this one through. I'm excited to see who's gonna come out on top."

Jae wanted to ask more questions but their teacher entered the room. Sir Wynter started the class without a moment to lose. As Jae began to drift into her daydreams, she stared at her gold-chained bracelet with its latest charm addition. A cute, little snowman. The same snowman they built when they realized they met once when they were children.

---

The day passed by. Jae was heading towards the parking lot where Sam was already waiting to drive her home from school. She glanced at the tree briefly which was empty before looking around for Sam's truck. A honking horn caught her attention and saw Sam east from the school's entrance.

She climbed into the truck once she got there. "Sam, I've been meaning to ask. What college are you going into? Schoolyear's already ending." She turned to meet Sam's eyes and let out a gasp. "What happened to your eye?"