sixty one: board games

misto pov
"wanna play battleship?" tugger asks, already holding the box.

i smile at his childishness, and set my phone on the coffee table as i slide onto the floor where there's more room.

"i'm gonna win," he mutters, opening the box and pulling pieces out.

"not a chance, babe," i reply just as competitively.

tugger hums. "we'll see."

"indeed we shall."

tugger passes me all five different ships. i put the smallest one in the centre, the two medium ones on either edge, and the second biggest and the biggest side by side at the top.

"you can go first, love," tugger says, gesturing vaguely towards me.

    i ask the first question, and the game begins.

•••

     "that's not fair though!" tugger exclaims as i say the position of his last battleship.

"how so?" i ask calmly. "you're just not as strategic as me."

"mistoffelees you better wipe that smirk off your face."

     "or what?" i challenge, sitting up a bit straighter.

     "i'll," he pauses to think for a moment. "i'll never talk to you again."

     "deal." i say, smirking more.

     "wait you can't-"

     i hold my hand in front of his face. "you're already being hypocritical, baby." i glance at him, and he's fuming.

     "i mean, you could just admit you lost," i suggest slowly. "and this would all be over."

•••

i gingerly place the second piece of bread, and squish the sandwich down a little bit. i pick up the plate and carry it into the living room, where tugger is sitting, still mad.

i look at him sympathetically. "do you want this?" i ask, setting the plate on the coffee table.

tugger glares at me, and takes the plate without breaking eye contact.

"do you want to cuddle? you never said anything about not cuddling when i won."

tugger hesitates, chewing slowly, and still glowering at me. then, he straightens out his legs and holds his arms out.

i chuckle quietly, and lie on top of him. "you're so petty."

hi! we're almost at 6k!

i thought this was cute, so here ya go!