twenty one: sick

hi i have a cold rn and i've decided i want a girlfriend to cuddle me, but i don't have one of those with me; so i'm channeling my daydreams into this. happy fuckin birthday

human au

misto pov
i sniff for the thousandth time today. my entire face hurts. all my muscles feel like they weigh more than the whole earth.
tugger comes into my room holding a second box of tissues and some chamomile tea. "how do you feel baby?" he coos.
"oh shut up," i mumble, trying my best to not sound congested, and failing.
he smiles lovingly at me. "i'll take that as an 'i'm feeling worse'"
i nod miserably and sniff once more.
tugger leans against the doorframe. "wanna cuddle?" he says, his eyes still pouring out affection.
i look up at him sideways and nod again. without saying anything, he pushes off the wall and shifts into the bed beside me. i help pull the blankets over him and let myself be pulled into his embrace.
tugger's warm and very cozy. i move closer to him and he nuzzles his head next to mine.
"wait," i say, pulling away. "you'll get sick."
"it'll be worth it," tugger says, smiling at me and pulling me back to his chest.

•••
like four days later

i walk into tugger's room. "hey sweetie, i made reservations at that one restaurant we—"
tugger looks up at me. his eyes and nose are red and puffy. i smirk. "i told ya' you'd get sick."
"oh shut up."
"was it worth 20 minutes of cuddling?"
tugger's eyes soften and he looks up at me. "yes," he says.