fifty one: secret messages

another highschool au where tuggs keeps passing misto notes in class

     also please excuse the emojis, i had to use the arrow one for cuteness, pretend they're drawn okay?

misto pov
     a folded piece of paper is tossed onto my desk. i glare in the direction it came, only to see tugger's slightly apologetic grin. i roll my eyes and unfold the paper.

     hi
           reply here ⤵️

     i carefully write in the large space he left, folding it again on the same crease.

     we're going to get in trouble

     he reads it quickly and smirks at me, before scribbling on the paper once again.

     trouble is my middle name

     i roll my eyes once again, writing a little less neatly in my haste.

     i'm sure it is. really though, stop

     i toss the paper back to him and continue working on my grammar worksheet, not planning on being bothered anymore. my plans, however, are foiled when the same little paper jumps right in front of my nose.

     what's the answer to question 6

     i pass the paper back without writing anything on it, pursing my lips. he writes on it again. it's brave of him to double-text.

     please? your smart

     i smirk cockily as i write very neatly, passing the paper back slowly.

     you're*

     "excuse me, boys, do you have something to share with the class?" the teacher says suddenly. all the other students' eyes turn to us. great.
     "no, not at all." tugger says quickly, hiding the paper in the palm of his hand.
     "let me see the note." she says sternly, walking towards us and holding out her hand.
     tugger begrudgingly sets the paper in her hand. she reads it quickly, easily deciphering whose handwriting is whose; mine being much neater.
     "detention," she says, practically glaring at tugger. "asking for answers is against the rules. you know that." she turns to me. oh god. "you did the right thing, allowing him to learn instead of taking the easy route. enjoy your lunch." for those who don't speak teacher, let me translate: 'it pays off being the good kid.'

     the teacher leaves and continues staring at her computer. i look over at tugger pitifully. "sorry." i mouth.
     "it's fine." he mouths back. i keep looking at him, contemplating. my eyes flit to question number six. it's funny, the answer is 'you're'.

•••

     our teacher suddenly walks out of the classroom. from my seat, i can see her walk down the stairs. without hesitation, i grab my binder and lean over to tugger. "you coming?"
     he just stares at me. "you're skipping?"
     "yeah, are you?" i counter, grabbing the sleeve of his sweater.
     "hell yeah." he says, standing up.

     no one bats an eye when we waltz right out the door. it's almost lunch anyway, no one will notice.
      we hurry down the hall, turning the corner and leaning against the wall. i look both ways, making sure no ones going to see us.
     "you saved me," tugger says dramatically, taking my hand in both of his. "i owe you my life." he brings my hand to his lips and kisses my knuckles.
     "you're a dork." i laugh, definitely blushing a lot. he may be a dork, but he's my dork.

     hi sorry it's short but ily