CHAPTER 24

Call to the masses.

Katalina's POV

Today was the last day we had to train. The alpha had suggested we relaxed before my birthday, which was in two days. Then one week later we'd charge into battle. Vea, Cathy and Luca weren't here and I wasn't sure if they would fight with me.

I'd call them and see what they had in mind. I also had some other calls to make though and I wanted to be prepared for anything. You know Murphy's law states that 'anything that can go wrong, will go wrong'.

"Are you going to make your calls Luna?"

"Yeah, I am. I don't know if I should call on the vampires though since they are the ones we're going to wipe out."

"You don't need to worry about that Luna. Don't call them. It would be best. The ones that are on the battlefield are the ones that will be wiped out, not the ones that had nothing to do with it."

I nodded. He was right. the vampires that lived would be those that chose to live a calm life. While the ones that chose to fight will burn in hell.  

I picked up my phone and dialed Vea's number. "Hey, Vea, I wanted to ask if you'd be able to fight by my side."

The other end was silent for a while, then I heard her voice "What do you mean Kat? I was going to fight by your side regardless. Whether you wanted me to fight with you or not. And if your thinking about calling Catherine and asking the same silly question then you've got it all wrong princess. 

We're going to fight by your side. Catherine already made up her mind too. Some of my friends and family will also be joining in, along with Catherine and Luca and some other warlocks as well."

A tear slipped from my eye. I tried to not let it spill over but it did. "Thank you. I don't know what I would be without you girls."

"You'd be a crying mess. Now go make those other phone calls princess. I love you Katalina, and I want to see you live a long and safe life."

"I love you too Nivea. I'll see you guys in two days."

"Of course! I wouldn't miss that day for the world! Bye bye now."

"Bye." I hung up. I sent Catherine a text and told her we'd meet at the packhouse in two days and she agreed. Now it was time to call in the other guys.

The trolls will be fighting alongside us when we actually go into battle. I just have a feeling they will. The pixies and fairies on the other hand are another story.

I knew one. A girl by the name of Zana. To contact her I had to seek out her spirit in the forest. It wasn't all that hard but she wasn't one to come when called.

She came when she wanted and left when she wanted too. I calmed my nerves and headed out towards the forest. Before I stepped out I said "Gonna make the call in the forest! Be right back alpha."

He growled which made me smile. As I neared the forest I felt eyes on me. I look towards the packhouse and saw that it was Jess who was staring. She had a sad expression on her face which she covered up as she noticed that I had seen her.

She moved away from the window and I didn't see her anymore. I then headed into the forest, walking deeper and farther until I arrived at a clearing.

"Zana, I call on you" I whispered as the wind picked up and carried it on its way. I waited for fifteen minutes before I decided she wasn't coming. I turned to head back when I felt her presence.

I smiled and turned around quickly and wrapped her n a huge bear hug. I caught her by surprise so she didn't have time to fly off. "I missed you fairy," I said as I let go of her.

"I missed you too princess. What do you need? A wish granted? A new organ? Maybe a new magic crystal?" she then pulled out a glowing light green stone.

It was beautiful and it took my breath away. I almost said yes before I stopped myself and said "I need you, Zana. I need you and your power to help me in battle against those that don't want our race to live in harmony together."

"Oh, Katalina," she came and embraced me lightly. "Even if you didn't seek me out, my people and I would have fought alongside of you. 

It's in the prophecy. You are to save from the harm that is to come. You can't do it alone so those of us that are strong enough will aid you in battle."

I nodded before pulling back and saying "I will gain the rest of my powers the day after tomorrow. On that day we will all gather at the packhouse and stay there for the week I have left to get those powers under control. You can come anytime during those days but I'd like for you to be there on my birthday."

She smiled as she said "I was coming to stay regardless. On the day of battle my followers will aid you, but before that it's just going to be me staying at the packhouse. Okay?"

"Great! I guess I'll see you then?" she nodded and floated into the dark forest, leaving a trail of glitter in the air as she did. I sighed and headed back into my home. "Now I can rest for a bit."

I then received a text from Vea.

Vea: do NOT slack off. Keep that shroud going princess!! xoxo

Me: fyi I was NOT slacking off!!

Vea: sure princess. I hear u loud and clear (-_-) 

I rolled my eyes and went inside giggling.