CHAPTER 17

On the quest for a healer.

Katalina's POV

I opened my eyes to see I had awoken in Andre's arms. 

 After we had finished our game last night, we had joined the party and ended up falling asleep in Jess's room. I inhaled his scent deeply before slowly making my way out of bed. 

I lifted his arm and shimmied myself from under him and took long slow steps towards the bathroom. All that was on my mind was Jess. 

If I wanted her to get better or at least get her wolf back, I had to move fast. The voice in my head had told me to go north-east of the pack hospital so that was what I was going to do. It would be better if I started making my way there today. 

The sooner I got there the sooner I'd be able to get back and help her. 

I walked into the shower and turned the knob onto the hot side. I didn't know when I would return so I had to at least leave clean. 

I thought of whether I should go alone or not. I wondered if I should tell Andre that I was leaving or maybe just leave him a note. I also wondered if he would let me go. I didn't care if I got hurt on the way there, I just needed to help my friend. 

Suddenly the shower curtain was pulled open. I quickly covered my body as I looked up to see who intruded my thoughts. Andre stood in front of me, looking quite enraged. Why is he so mad? Did he listen to what I was thinking? Then my eyes went wide. 

"Yeah babe, you were thinking out loud. Why would you be thinking that way? Wanting to leave me a note? We're mated for goddess sake. I'm going with you and that's final," I didn't even get a word out before walked out of the bathroom and shut the door behind him. 

It took a while for what he said to settle but when it did I felt so loved. Next time I won't keep things from him and just come right out with it. I berated myself. 'You damn sure will.' he said into my mind.

I smiled as I ended my shower, wrapped my towel around me and headed out of the bathroom. As I stepped out I noticed Andre was already packing clothes for us. I went over to my wardrobe and picked out a sports braw along with matching underwear, a tank top, and knee-length shorts. 

I put on a pair of black ankle socks and slid my feet into my tennis shoes. It was hot and tomorrow would be the first day in April, which only meant it would get hotter. 

I got dressed then proceeded in helping Andre pack. We packed two traveling packs each. We each had three sets of clothing, two bottles filled with water, several canned foods, a working lighter, a portable radio, two power banks fully charged, batteries, two quilts and a tent. 

Andre put the radio, quilt and tent into his bag while I had the food and water in mine. We then sat down to decide how we would travel and what we would do in case we ran into rogues. 

"I was saying we walk throughout the day until we get there. If night falls and we aren't there yet we'll shift into our wolves and continue walking until we're tired. We'll each take 2-hour naps while the other keeps watch," I nodded in agreeance. 

It would make sense for us to do that but, "What if we run into a pack of rogues," my mind instantly went back to the night of my parent's death. I pushed it to the back of my mind, not wanting to relive the scene. 

Andre put his hand on mine and with a small smile on his face, he said "We'll just have to get more people to join us. I'll go tell my father about it and see if he can let Steph go with us."