CHAPTER 14

Saving the ex-best friend.

Katalina's POV

Help. Help her. Help. Help her. The voices in my head grew louder and louder as I stood there looking down on Jess.

After Andre and I woke up it was five p.m. He brought me over to the pack hospital and talked to the secretary for a few minutes before he came back and lead me to her room.

Her body was covered in bandages and her breathing was labored. Help. Help her. Help. Help her. You can't leave her like this.

The voices in my mind once again yelled at me. I wanted nothing more than to help her. But what could I do? I was many things, but a gypsy healer, I wasn't. Healers are also rare. They aren't as abundant as witches or vampires or even wolves. 

Knowing this, the voices still yelled. Help her. Help. Help her. I listened to them, as I slowly faded into my subconscious looking for a way to heal her. There, the words came flowing into my mind.

Find the remaining gypsy healers hidden behind a cloak, deep within the forests northeast from here.

My eyes snapped open and I looked towards my mate. Hoping he would let me do this.  "I have a way to help her Andre. I need to go northeast from here deep into the woods to....find a healer."

"Healers don't exist, Luna, we also have to get ready for the binding ceremony tonight," he said calmly as he walked over to me and kissed the top of my head. 

He then grabbed my hand and lead me out of the room. I looked at Jess one last time, making a silent promise that I would do help her no matter what.

On our way back to the packhouse Andre's mother ran out the front door and pulled me into a tight hug. "It must be terrible to see your friend in such a state, but we must plan ahead. I'll be taking you with me to our private home to help you get ready. You go get ready with your father Andre."

Andre watched her with furrowed brows until she hit him on his hand causing him to let go of mine and said "Oww, you don't have to be rude while taking my mate from me." he pouted and it made me laugh.

"Just hurry and go. It's 6 o'clock which means we only have 5 and a half hours to get Kat ready. Don't be a pest son."

"Yeah yeah I'm going." we kissed and we ended up having a little make-out session. My body was on fire and I felt myself getting wet. A growl emanated from the back of his throat, letting me know he had smelt my arousal.

His mother then cleared her throat and I had completely forgotten she was there. I felt my cheeks become hot.

All Andre did was roll his eyes, peck me on the lips once more and said "I'll see you tonight Luna."

I watched his retreating form for a moment before Alisia grabbed my arm. When we arrived at their home the smell of freshly baked cookies infiltrated my senses. 

"Mmm that smells good."

"Those are for later. we'll be having a party after the ceremony is complete. Speaking of ceremony, what are you getting Andre?" Her question ought me off guard making me falter in my steps.

I thought long and hard before answering her and then I remembered something. When Andre and I had been talking at my house he told me a story about when he was younger.

He said he had this huge oak tree where the pack-gathering hall is now. He said they had to cut down the tree and use its wood to build the hall for the entire pack.

He said he was saddened by it and didn't speak to his parents for a month. He felt close to the tree since that was where his grandparents had been buried.