83. All in the mind

Start from the beginning

Well. I've been pretty much distracted these past few days. I didn't have time to think of what I'd do when I get to face everybody. I tried in the car while we were stuck in traffic but I just can't focus. It's getting me frustrated...

I let out a long sigh and said, "Well I can't be just stuck in my hideout, can I? It's not like I have a choice anyway."

My most favorite person in the world suddenly walked past us. His lips curved into a snarl. His eyes piercing right through me.

I smirked out loud in response. Don't even start.

"You know what. All these years that I've been with you boys, you and Yoongi are the most alike. You guys always like to stay at home. Never liked being around people. Very stubborn too. "

"I know where you're getting at hyung. I'm not buying it."

He chuckled loudly. "Just saying. Don't get so defensive kid. I'm just wondering how you guys fell apart. You used to do things together."

"You're acting like a spy from Dispatch. I'm getting very suspicious of you."

He chuckled even more. "Aish. I let you kids to it then. Just a simple observation."

Sejin has been my manager even before we debuted. He is tasked to look after me, wake me up, bring me home and get me the things I need. In fact, even on days when we don't have anything scheduled, there were times when I can still hear him say, Jungkooka ppalri irona, no tto neujotkkuna! ( wake up quickly. You're late again!) But I was never late. Even if I was the last one to leave the dorm, I always arrive ahead of the others. This hyung knows all the shortcuts.

He's more like a brother to me than a manager actually. He's older than everyone else in the group which is why I always come to him for sound advice. Not to mention the countless times he saved me from saesang attacks.

"Things aren't always what they seem."

"Aigoo." His face disagreed with every single word I said. "I'm sure you kids will come around."

"Don't hold your breath."

____________________________________________________________

We finally reached the practice room and it's unusually packed with staff. Each one of them turned their heads in our direction as the door sprung open.

"This sure is awkward,"  I whispered to him. I feel like I'm in court waiting to be convicted.

"Relax. The backup dancers are here to learn the choreography with you."

I usually get smiling faces whenever I enter the room. But why is everyone looking at me so unwelcomingly? I stood my ground and clenched my teeth together. I looked back straight to each set of eyes staring at me. Act normal. Don't let them get to you.

The members were all seated in one corner. Even they exuded a cold vibe. No one spoke a word and the music from the speakers was the only thing that's kept this close to being a funeral. Suga was enjoying the show. His eyes were full of menace under that black bucket hat of his.

I found myself starting to feel uneasy

Damn. How do I get through this day?

____________________________________________________________

ROZIE's POV

I woke up to the smell of mint filling my system. It was still dark when I opened my eyes and I can hear water trickling somewhere nearby. It felt as if I was in a spa or something. As I brush off the sleepiness from my lids, I realized I wasn't in my bedroom.