54. Behind the Surface

What you see is only half of what I am. I have a hundred different faces. A million different personalities. Only a part of me is what I show you. I display a fraction of my true self.

Everything is just a facade.
_______________________________________________

SUGA'S POV

I can hear her knocking at my door but I didn't wanna get it. I didn't wanna move. For days, she has been very persistent in asking to come over. Whatever interest I have in her has gone though. It's either she doesn't know that or she just doesn't want to admit it to herself.

"Oppa!". She called out. I groaned and dragged myself off the bed.

I opened the door and she welcomed herself in. The thought of spending an hour with her already makes me want her to leave. But this needs to happen.

"This new place you got is pretty big. Way bigger than the last one."

I grumbled in agreement.

I stood by the wall, watching her eyes survey the entire room. She tried to reach for the sketchpad on my bedside table.

"Don't touch that." I shook my head at her. She pouted in response.

Her eyes darted to my Ipad placed on the bed.

"Not that too."

She stuck out her lower lip and acted cutely but it didn't spark the slightest interest in me.

She shuffled towards me and said, "Well.. let me touch you instead." She pulled the sides of my sweater towards her making me lean on her. She moved her face to the side of mine closely and bit my ear. She let out a childish giggle. My lips curved into a snarl.

"We're not doing it."

I pushed her hands off of me and walked to the bed.

"What? Then why did you ask me to come over?"

"We need to talk," I said coldly, patting the space on the bed beside me. She sat obediently.

"Is this about us?" I can see exactly what's in her thought bubble.

I raised my eyebrows still looking bored as fuck.

"It's good that you brought this up. Cause actually, I was meaning to tell you that we..."

"Need to stop this."

She looked like she'd just seen a ghost.

"This." Drawing the imaginary thought bubble above her head. "...isn't happening." I could tell she was trying her best not to cry.

"But..but.." her lips began to shake.

"I have someone.." I looked away and bit my thumbnail but I saw her mouthed the word Fuck at the corner of my eye.

"From what girl group is she? An actress?"

I shook my head and bit my lip.

"Is she the one mentioned in the news the last time? A fan?"

I gazed at her and saw how confused she become. I didn't need to explain. I was meaning to say that line, "I have someone." and that was it. I thought that was enough to shoo her away but I guess I need more than just a one-liner.

I exhaled heavily and faced her.

"She's not one of us. She's not even Korean. She's not even from here."