114. The Confession

JK's POV

Still wet from swimming, I grabbed the towel from the spread and quickly dried myself up. I took out my camera and without her knowing, I began recording the apple of my eye.

She was busy collecting shells, carefully sweeping through the pristine waters along the shoreline with her long, flawless legs. The camera doesn't do justice to her beauty. She was breathtaking even from afar. I found myself smiling as I captured her every move.

Since I bought this camera, I only had random subjects. I took pictures and videos of the clouds, trees, just about anything that spikes my interest. Looking at her now, I believe I found how this camera will serve its true purpose.

With the sun keeping an eye on her from the horizon, the beads of ocean water glistened on her skin. Her silhouette crept onto the sand. It slowly created a masterpiece I'd tirelessly draw in my life's canvas until my hair turns gray.

"Look!" She excitedly showed me a pink shell looking like the other half of what that Disney princess Ariel sits on. Her smiling eyes resembled that of a child, innocent and hopeful, dreamy and bright. My heart fluttered in my chest, just the same way as the first time I laid eyes on her. I don't think I'll ever get used to this feeling. It's brand new every single time.

"Hey! Is that rolling?" Rozie finally caught me.

"No?" I quickly responded, turning the camera off as she came rushing towards me holding a stack of seashells.

"Liar. Lemme see." She tried to snag it out of my palms with her free hand.

"I told you I wasn't. I was taking shots of the sun. Just let me know if you want me to take some of you too. All you have to do is ask." My teasing didn't work on her, of course.

"Show me the gallery." I put the camera close to my chest. I vividly recall how intimidated she became when I took my shirt off before joining her in the cold ocean not too long ago.

"I already said I wasn't filming." But I guess the effect of my half-naked body on her already simmered down. She emptied her hands, making the shells fall onto the golden brown sand beneath our feet. The camera was out of my grasp before I even knew it. Her fingers pressed the buttons, flipping through the media with a cute, little pout on her lips.

"You're bad at lying. See?" Her eyebrows raised as she caught me red-handed.

"Don't delete anything! I'm telling you." I warned her but she played deaf to me.

"What else do you have here?" I tried to snatch it from her but she was really quick to her feet, swiftly sitting on the mat right alongside us.

I sat on my heels in front of her. "Just random stuff." I still threw in an alibi even if I knew I was already found guilty. She didn't even look up, totally focused as she played the videos one by one.

"Ooooh... so this is what your mom was talking about." The breeze of the wind blew a couple of hair strands onto her eyes, making her blink them away. I took them with my fingers and twirled them around the bun on top of her head. She looked at me softly and I felt my insides churn as expected.

Calm down, Jeon Jungkook.

"Wow. These are awesome. Do you post these online?" I moved right behind her so I could see what she was looking at.

"Just a few. I'd like to keep most of it to myself. They're very amateur." Having other people examine my work still made me feel uneasy, but I want her to discover all of my many facets. I need her to see what's beyond the surface, even my flaws which I, myself still refuse to recognize even as we speak.