99. Jungkook

YOONGI's POV

I woke up to my phone buzzing from God knows where. My fingers began searching only to realize I was running through the fabric of the carpeted floor. With my eyes half-opened, I rummaged through the sheets in the dark. I wasn't asleep that long so it still must be around four or five in the morning. Who the hell could be calling at this hour?

After a few more seconds of playing hide and seek, I begrudgingly pulled myself upright and turned the bedside light on. Whoever's calling must be about something highly important. I don't have anything scheduled today and my manager absolutely understood how much I value my resting time.

My phone was still vibrating when I finally found it almost falling on the other side of the bed. How did it get over there?

My manager's name, Yoon Jae, flashed on the screen. What could this be about? I bent my neck from left to right before answering the call. Wasting my time thinking of Jungkook was definitely a bad idea. It drained all the energy out of me. That prick. Aigoo. He's giving me a headache without him even doing anything. I'm getting a massage after this.

"Hyung?"

"Yoongi-a, it took you forever to answer. I was already thinking of coming over."

"Sorry, let me check what time it is. Oh, it's past four in the morning. And oh, it's my rest day." I responded with a tinge of sarcasm. However, my mockery doesn't work on him anymore. He has the most experience out of all our managers. I'm sure Bang PD chose him for me knowing how much of a handful I can be. I have to admit I've put this Hyung through hell countless times, which is why I'm trying my best to be a tad bit better at my demeanor.

"I'm sure you wouldn't be sleeping anymore with what I'm about to tell you."

Interesting. "What is it?"

"One of the biggest local artists you've been wanting to work with reached out a few hours ago. She said she wanted to do a collaboration with our company, with you to be exact." His voice was calm but I can tell there's some excitement to it that he's trying hard to hide.

She? There's only one person on my list and Yoon Jae Hyung knows who it is. I've idolized her ever since she debuted and I'd give anything just to work with her. So, don't tell me.

"I don't have to mention her name, do I?" He snickered.

Well, I can't be so sure. "Just say it." I can feel my hands starting to get all sweaty.

"It's Lee Ji-Eun, better known as IU."

My lips broke into the biggest smile. What the fuck?! Is this for real?! I feel like I just won the lottery. I pulled on to my hair just to be sure I was no longer dreaming.

"Yoongi-a, are you still there?"

I remained speechless for a couple more seconds. I was still trying to process the big reveal. I've collaborated with other artists in the past and I couldn't be more thankful. But all of them weren't really part of 'My list'. But IU sunbaenim just tops it all. She came from rags to riches. She's a singer and a songwriter too. She's a self-made queen. In fact, whenever she appeared on TV way back, I'd pause whatever I'm doing and just focus on her. Her lovely face and beautiful voice are incomparable. And now I get to work with her! I can't believe it! This is insane!

"Yoongi-a, don't you wanna hear any more details about this?"

"Sorry, I just spaced out." I sounded relaxed but deep inside I'm screaming like a teenager.