2. It's a date!

ROZIE'S POV

I don't know if he actually heard me or understood me even. Did I have something on my face?  Should I repeat myself?  This awkward moment seemed to go on for years as he looked straight back at me expressionlessly.

He wore a black cap slightly covering his eyes but just enough to see that he was Korean. The hair above his ears revealed that it was blonde. He had piercings on both ears, adorned with two silver earrings on both sides.  He was pale, even more, highlighted by the all-black ensemble he was wearing.

But his skin, his skin was just perfection, one of the many things I envy about Koreans.

What skin treatment are they on?

I'd give anything to have that flawless glass skin they all seemed to effortlessly have. I suddenly felt my insecurities creep on me. 

Judging by his appearance, I must say this guy is pretty. He reminded me of the Taiwanese boys on TV I used to go cray-cray back in high school. They were called 'Flower boys' if I'm not mistaken. This makes me wonder how he looks like with that mask off. But before I let my curiosity get the best of me, I quickly snapped myself back to reality. 

"I think you got my cup by mistake..."  I laid out my words clearly, hoping to elicit a response this time. My words seemed to have taken him by surprise. He took a bit to process before he glanced at his cup and saw what I meant. At least, some progress.

"The thing is, I already took a few sips so...Can I just buy you another one? It's... it's totally my fault." I can hear the lady behind the counter heavily exhaling.

I think I should get a complimentary donut for saving your ass today. I giggled to myself.

When I thought latency can only be relevant to our internet connection back home, I didn't think it could also happen to a face-to-face conversation. But I just sweetly smiled at him as I waited patiently for his reply.

After a few seconds of just blankly staring at me, he finally answered, " No, it's okay. I've also drunk from this already." He said in his cool, deep voice. His words echoed in my ears, seeming to magnify by the second. Damn, what just happened? 

Hearing the rest of the customers begin to grumble behind him, I quickly thought of the best way to end this mix-up.

"Oh, I got a better idea. Why don't we just switch then?"

________________________________________________

SUGA'S POV

She took the straws from her cup and mine and switched our drinks - without my permission. Faster than I thought, she was already smiling at me.

She had pink lipstick on and a little bit of powder. A rare thing to see in this city I must say. Women here often put layers and layers of makeup just to feel better about themselves. I wonder how much money they spend on makeup removers to take all of those shit off. 

Her hair was pulled on a messy bun at the top of her head. She sported a loose pink sweatshirt over blue ripped denim shorts and a pair of white chucks. She didn't put on much effort into dressing up yet she actually looked fine.

 "So I guess we're okay now. Cheers!" She said, shaking me off my thoughts. She bumped her cup onto mine, flashed me another smile, and walked back to her seat without even looking back.

I sighed. What just happened?

I settled back to where I was seated and gazed at the window next to me. People outside were hurrying back and forth the footwalk in fear of getting drenched by the pouring rain. It has never stopped ever since I woke up this morning. The dark clouds above weren't planning to leave anytime soon.