Cameron looked at me as I enjoyed my ice cream. "Do you regret what happened between your dad and you?" He asked me.

"I regret not feeling close to my dad as I was. When I was little, my mom would take me to Dad's office to visit him while Lexie and Landon were in school. He would sit me on his lap and show me the city from his window. He said, 'Valeria, there is a big world out there and not nice people. Never allow anyone to hurt you unnecessarily.' He felt it was better if he was honest than to lie," I answered.

"Maybe one day, you'll have that closeness again," Cameron mentioned.

"Maybe," I said, finishing my ice cream.

We got up from the table and left the ice cream parlor. We walked around the town, holding hands. I admit that it was nice to get out of the beach house.

*******
Cameron

Valeria and I walked around until we heard someone playing music. We walked over to see a guy playing guitar and a woman singing.

I pulled Valeria to me and danced with her. People noticed us and stopped. We moved together as I lead her, then twirled her, bringing her back to me. We kept dancing as the woman sang.

Valeria wrapped her arm around my upper arm and draped her hand on my shoulder. I had my hand on her lower back as I held her other hand in mine. We swayed back and forth as we danced. She laughed, enjoying herself. I couldn't get enough of her laughter.

The song finished, and I dipped Valeria as people clapped. Then something unexpected happened; her wig fell off. People gasped as I pulled Valeria up quickly. I snatched up the hair and placed it on Valeria's head.

Valeria furrowed her brows as she gave me a look. "Ignore the people; they're ignorant," I whispered, looking into Valeria's eyes.

"But they're staring," Valeria whispered.

I looked at Valeria and took the spotlight off her. I started undoing my pants.

Valeria's eyes widened. "What are you doing?" She questioned me.

"If they want a show, then I'll give them one," I answered, dropping my pants and boxers, flashing everyone. I let it all hang out as people left quickly.

Valeria looked at me, shocked as I stood there, smirking. She placed her hands to the side of her face, hiding her expression as I pulled up my pants and redid them.

Valeria glanced at me. "I can't believe you did that," she mentioned.

"If anyone should receive looks, it's shouldn't be someone who is going through chemotherapy," I reasoned.

Valeria lowered her hands and looked at me with awe.

"People need to realize that there's more to a situation than how a person looks," I reasoned.

Valeria reached up and placed my hand on the back of my head, pressing her lips to mine, kissing me. I didn't hesitate to kiss Valeria back as I wrapped my arms around her. I lifted her off her feet as we kissed in the middle of the sidewalk. I didn't care if people stared, let them. What I cared about was someone who was in my arms at that moment.

After our brief make-out session, we walked back to the car. I think tonight is a good night for a fire on the beach.

******
Valeria

We returned to the beach house, and I walked in, then over to the couch. I laid down and fell asleep. I didn't use the physical activity, and it drained me. I needed the rest. Each day got a little better, but I still tired quickly.

A few hours later, I woke up and sat up. I slept longer than expected. I saw the dark sky through the window and got up. I checked the kitchen to see if Cameron was there. I didn't see him but noticed the back door opened.

I opened the door and exited to see a fire on the beach. I walked down the steps of the back deck and towards the light. I saw Cameron stoking the fire. He looked to see me standing there.

"Did you have a good sleep?" Cameron asked.

"Yes, sorry that I fell asleep," I apologized.

"It was a busy day. You needed the sleep," Cameron reasoned.

"What's with the fire?" I asked, pointing to the bonfire.

"I thought we could sit by a fire and spend time together. Plus, it's a beautiful night for one," Cameron reasoned, shrugging.

I sat down as Cameron moved towards me. He made his way behind me and positioned himself so that I was sitting in between his legs. He wrapped his arms around me as I leaned into his chest.

"I feel like I have a summer romance," I mentioned, lying in Cameron's arms.

"Well, you are," Cameron replied. "Every girl should have romance once in their life."

"I missed out on so much and allowed it to happen. I don't know what I was thinking of getting involved with Richard. It's not like get a happily ever after with him," I said, looking at the fire.

"Maybe it's because you didn't think you would have the chance at one," Cameron mentioned.

"If this is a dream, I never want to wake up from it," I whispered as Cameron held me tighter in his arms.

You never realize how much you miss out on crucial moments until you have a chance to experience them. It's those moments that make life worthwhile in life, and if you have a chance at them, take it. You never know when it'll all ends.