Chapter 22

"How dare they make me feel all mushy and soft!"

The four watched as Park dramatically sip on a glass of rock and rye whiskey. He was already tipsy, and so were Aran and Bank. As usual, Niran didn't drink much, as he was the designated driver of their gang. Forth, however, was busy texting Beam, smiling fondly at his screen.

"They have no right to do that!" Park sobbed. "We were supposed to make them run around the faculty all night long!"

"I agree, Ai'Park!" cried Aran. "I can't believe they licked our asses like that!"

Bank chuckled at his twin brother and took a sip of his beer. He commented, "What a way to put it, Ai'Twin."

"You're right! We should've punished them for sucking up," Park cried. He then lifted up his glass of booze and cheered, "For being a fucking idiot!"

"Cheers!"

Niran groaned when the other two lifted up their refilled drinks. He tried to prevent them from being overly drunk, as they would complain about having a hangover the next morning. Niran didn't want to deal with that, especially in the festival, where there was going to be loud music and a lot of shouting.

"Oy, Ai'Forth! Can you please stop these assholes from drinking?" Niran groaned.

"I can't, Ai'Niran," Forth replied. "I'm texting my baby."

"Three idiots, one blind puppy. What am I supposed to do?" Niran hissed while glaring at Park who was pulling Aran into his embrace. He quickly pulled Aran to him and pushed Bank instead.

Forth kept his focus on his phone, grinning widely when a notification came in.

Beam
We're coming over
Pha wants a drink
He's stressed from trying to find a way for Suthee to walk around campus tomorrow

After texting a big fat 'yay!', Forth put his phone down on the table. He missed Beam like crazy and they had only been apart for a few hours. The thought of seeing Beam's gorgeous face and bright personality sent butterflies to his stomach, turning him into a high school kid with a crush.

"Beam is coming over!" Forth exclaimed happily.

Niran raised an eyebrow.

"Really?"

"Well..." Forth pouted. "Ai'Pha and Ai'Kit too."

All of a sudden, he slammed his beer bottle down while staring at Niran intensely. While the three drunkards were in their own world, Niran was startled by the noise.

"Are you drunk as well?" Niran asked sarcastically.

With a devilish grin, he called, "Ai'Niran."

"What?" Niran asked, taking a sip of his cocktail.

Seeing his friend with a hand around Aran's shoulder, Forth smirked. He pretended to think for a few seconds, building the suspension. When he was face to face with Niran's eager yet slightly annoyed face, he laughed at his friend.

"How did you confess?"

Niran spat half of his cocktail back to the glass. He wiped his lips with the back of his hand after setting it down, coughing heavily. The movement made Aran move away from him, but he didn't mind because he was too busy trying to fight down the growing blush on his neck and cheeks.

"C-Confess what?" he asked, obviously playing dumb.

Forth rolled his eyes. He jutted his chin to Aran and said, "Maybe I should ask him instead. After all, drunk words are sober thoughts."