Chapter 14

The engineering gang was on their way back to the faculty. They were having a huge debate over whether or not Park had to give back the Nerf gun and pay the poor vendor or not, which Park strongly opposed because he didn't know what to say to the vendor owner. The other four, however, pushed him to give it back whether he liked it or not.

"What am I supposed to say to him?! Sorry sir, I stole your toy because I wanted to look cool? Lord have mercy on me," Park grumbled when the four guys pushed him closer to the vendor.

Forth flicked his forehead. "That's your own fault. If you didn't want to do this, you shouldn't have stolen it!"

"But you were chasing me!"

"Whose fault was that?" Forth shot, giving Park a dirty look making the latter whine even louder.

"Park, just give the man his gun back," Bank begged.

"Fine, fine, fine!" chanted Park. "You guys don't have mercy!"

The four let out a small "finally!" and gave Park one last strong push so he didn't suddenly chicken out and ran off with the Nerf gun still in his possession.

Forth shook his head when he saw Park give back the toy and bow apologetically. However, something else caught his eyes. Across the street was an alleyway, and in the alleyway, he spotted gold. Forth didn't waste anymore time. Right after Park walked back to them, he pointed his hand to the alleyway.

"What are you pointing at?" asked Niran.

"Look at that—"

"Is that a hotdog vendor?!" Aran asked excitedly after looking at where Forth's pointer finger was heading.

"What, no—"

"It's clearly a crepe vendor, silly!" Park replied instead.

Forth wished Park didn't give the Nerf gun back to its respectful owner so he could use it to put a bullet in their brains.

"No, I think he's pointing at that alleyway," Bank corrected.

Finally! Someone smart!

"See that waffle vendor in front of it?" Bank added.

Or not.

"For fuck's sake—"

"Wait! Is that Suthee?" Niran asked.

While Forth was busy facepalming over their stupidity, the rest of the boys followed Niran's
pointer finger to the alleyway where Forth previously pointed at. They squinted their eyes before widening them in realization.

"It fucking is," Park hissed. "Ai'Niran, you're so smart."

"Yes, he really is," Bank agreed.

"Of course he is," Aran added.

Forth smacked the back of their heads.

"That's what I was pointing at, dumb hoes!"

Their mouths turned into an O.

"Wait, what is he doing there?" Aran chirped, clearly confused why someone would go to an alleyway in broad daylight.

"That's what we're about to find out," Forth chimed, obviously sharing the same thought as him.

The five of them crossed the street in a hurry, afraid that Suthee would walk away anytime soon. Once they arrived in front of the alleyway, they noticed that Suthee wasn't alone. He was talking to another man, a little older than him. The man was slightly shorter than Suthee, but definitely more muscular. The gray t-shirt he wore showed his new school sleeve. The man had nothing special for his features except for the tattoos that reached all the way to his temples, which Forth couldn't help but to notice.