Chapter 16

"You still haven't answered my question."

"Ai'Kit, just let the question go," Beam replied.

While Pha was busy texting Ming for updates on Yo's condition, Kit was busy asking Beam whose car it was they were riding. Although Kit had an idea of who owned the car, he still wanted Beam to say his name.

"Never," Kit snickered.

Beam grunted in annoyance. "It's Forth's. Happy?"

"And you said you aren't boyfriends," Kit said. "I won't even lend you my car and you're my best friend."

Beam rolled his eyes. "That's because you want your car always ready just in case you want to have car sex with M—"

"Just drive!"

Once they arrived at the hospital, Pha immediately ran to the front table. Once he got the room number, he moved his feet to the room, leaving both Beam and Kit behind.

"I'll catch up later," Beam said to Kit, who nodded and followed Pha.

Beam opened his phone. He wanted to leave a text for Forth, telling him he wasn't going to go back to his dorm.

You
Forth, Yo's in the hospital
I'm with Pha and Kit there
Sorry I can't go back, na

With that, he turned his heels to the direction Pha and Kit went to earlier. However, before he was able to walk to Yo's room, he spotted a very familiar face. He narrowed his eyes to make sure they weren't playing games with him, and sure enough, it was the person he initially thought.

Beam
Forth, Yo's in the hospital
I'm with Pha and Kit there
Sorry I can't go back, na

Forth knitted his eyebrows at the text. It wasn't a problem to him that Beam couldn't go back to his dorm... as long as he didn't go back to his own. So, he typed a reply for him.

You
It's okay, baby
What happened to Yo?

Once satisfied with his text, Forth slipped his phone to his pocket and zipped it up. He specifically wore the jeans with a zipper on each of its pockets due to one reason: he didn't want his phone to fly out and break during his fight—speaking from experience.

"Beam's safe," Forth said to the four. "Show's on."

The four nodded and blasted their motorcycles to Building 9, the engines catching many attentions. They looked scary, to say the least; five engineering students, on their respectful motorcycles, blasting full speed without fear.

They parked their motorcycles not too far from the building and walked towards the small street next to Building 9. Previously, Aran and Bank had checked the possible places to have a fight with no witness even in broad daylight. They would never repeat the same mistake of being videotaped wrongfully ever again.

Sure enough, when they arrived at the small street, around seven men were waiting, all holding a baseball bat or a wood, some even with a pocket knife. Each of them were sporting a black t-shirt and a black mask, just how they were when they fought Forth.

"Those are how many people they bring for an easier target? How many did he bring for you, fucker?!" Park asked, nudging Forth's forearm.

Forth shrugged. "Ten? Can't remember."

He may look calm, but deep inside, Forth was in rage. Suthee hired seven men to beat up Beam. Seven fucking men. How was Beam supposed to survive by himself? He wasn't calling Beam weak, but no normal university student would survive when faced with seven hunky men with money as their motivation.