London [Part One]

July 21, 2009

Jace pretty much refuses to tell me what the call on Monday was all about. He basically just summed it up to "Mom needs to see me." "Something is happening and I need to be there." "She invited me out." All in all, he basically skirts around the topic without giving me any real details and since we're leaving today, I'm officially losing it.

"Jace! Seriously. Why are we going to London for a week?" I ask in frustration. "I mean, I'm all for meeting your parents, really I am. But, there's something you're not telling me. I know there is!"

He just sighs and keeps throwing clothes in his suitcase, "I've told you every day this week, Kai."

"My mom invited us because she needs me there for something," I mock along with him.

He gives me an unimpressed glare and sticks his tongue out at me, which normally I'd find adorable and would probably kiss the hell out of him for it, but right now I am just plain irritated with his secretive behaviour. I throw myself down on the bed with a huff and pout at the ceiling, decidedly ignoring him.

"Please don't be like that,"Jace says with his own pout.

I don't reply.

"Kaaii! Come on, you know I'd tell you if it was important! It's just something between my mom and I and the only thing you need to do is enjoy a nice trip to London!"He attempts, dropping next to me and cuddling up to my side. "Is it really so bad to spend a week in London together? Sharing a nice big room? Seeing the sites together? Dammit, I'll bring you on a date that will knock your cute little socks off if you Just. Stop. Pouting."

I look over at him and narrow my eyes, "You promise that this thing is nothing I should be worried about?"

"Like I said, it's just something my mom needs me for, and she wants to talk to me about some stuff," He explains for the umpteenth time.

I pause for a moment and then turn on my side with a small grin, "And what will this date be like?"

Jace smiles back happily and gently strokes my cheek with his soft hand, "Romantic, spontaneous, fun, and of course there will be yummy food!"

I giggle at that and press a chaste kiss to his lips, "Fine... I'll go along with all this, but only because I've never been to London and this date sounds really nice."

He wraps his arms around me and rolls us so he's leaning over me, kissing me deeply and taking my breath away as always. I practically turn to putty in his hands as he pulls away just to begin trailing kisses along my jaw, and down my neck, surely leaving little hickeys here and there. Great, now I get to hide those from his parents. Although, at the moment I can't really find it in me to care.

Of course, as usual, someone interrupts by knocking, effectively ruining the moment. Jace sighs and pulls himself away from me reluctantly. "Yeah?"

"Hurry up! Stop horsing around and get a move on. I told your mother we'd be there by one o'clock," Grams calls from the other side of the door.

Jace smirks at me, an odd twinkle in his eye that makes butterflies erupt in my tummy. I can't help but wonder what he's thinking when he looks at me like that. There's a hungry look to it, but more than that, I can practically feel the love emanating off of him and I relish in the feeling.

"Sorry love, we'll have to continue in London, we must be going now," He says, giving me a light peck before dragging me from the room.

**

"Are we there yet?" Zoe complains from the backseat for the millionth time.

"No!" Jace, Zaq, Grams and I all groan in unison.