Epilogue: Present Day

• Dedicated to All of my lovely readers

(Gif on the right is literally what started it all, even though it's no longer Phan. I saw that gif and this entire story just burst into my mind and so I figured it would be the perfect thing to place at the end)

July 21, 2022

The minute I finish the story, a wave of emotions I have spent so long ignoring, come to the surface and bring tears to my eyes. It's been so long since I've thought of that day. The day I lost everything. Well, perhaps not everything, but maybe the most meaningful thing. The most important thing in my eyes.

"Kai... I had no idea you'd been through so much," Daisy whispers, staring down at her feet with tears of her own welling up in her blue eyes. "He sounds so amazing. How cruel for him to be taken from you in such a way. I'm very sorry."

I nod, unable to find my voice as I come to a halt before the little dock. Pulling her close to me, I bury my face in her shoulder and breathe in her scent. A mixture of sugar and coconut, but with a sudden change in wind, I swear--for just a moment--I catch the scent of raspberries. It's gone too fast to tell, but it's enough to bring a smile to my lips.

"It hurts, but it feels good to finally talk about him. I think he would have liked you," I tell her honestly.

She smiles widely, wiping at her eyes which are tearful once more, "I feel honoured that you think so... thank you for sharing that with me, Kai. The story was simply beautiful."

I smile, taking her hand in mine as I begin to lead her up the beach to go home when she pulls me to a stop, causing me to look back at her questioningly. "What is it?"

Her face becomes confused in an almost comical fashion, "You forgot one thing... you never mentioned his name."

My heart feels heavy as I think back, still able to imagine his fair skin, gorgeously blue eyes, his soft black hair, silly crooked grin and the sound of his loving voice. Looking up at the bright blue sky, so similar to the colour of his eyes, I feel him and can imagine him here as though I'd only seen him yesterday.

With a smile, I stare up into the beautiful blue sky and finally let his name roll off the tip of my tongue, adoring the familiar sweet taste of it, "Jace."

The End.

Or is it?

Read "Fate" next to see what else is in store for Kai and the rest. 

It's been a long time coming everyone, but my god it's actually finished! Memories is finished! Thank you to everyone who has read the story and commented such sweet things. I love you guys all so much and you have no idea what your support has done and still does for me.

Thank you my lovelies! It's been a wonderful journey and i hope you all enjoyed it as much as i have and took something from it :)

~Shay<3