Chapter 26- The Past

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think you should tell Xav?" My eyes widened as I remembered telling him to leave me alone. I nodded and quickly rushed inside, took one of Ace's shirt and put it on as I ran to Xavier's door.

As I reached his door, I hesitated for a second before lightly knocking. All I heard silence so I gently opened it and saw Xavier sleeping with a frown and the side table lamp still on. He doesn't look at peace and it's my fault. I quietly tip toed and sat down next to him, I moved a few strands of his hair away from his face and smoothed his none existent forehead lines.
"You know, when I was little. I would always think that you may have abandoned me. Given me away cause you didn't want me. But I had some hope," I twirled his hair as he continued sleeping.

"Hope is kinda what got me through that torture, hope that I would find my parents and feel secure. For years I wondered if God was even real and if he was, why did he punish me so bad. But, whether if he is real or not, I just thank the heavens that I have found you. Thank you Xavier, for never giving up on me when I almost gave up on you." I whispered and kissed his forehead before I stood up.

I felt a hand hold me back and saw a hand covered in tattoos and trailed up to a sleep face with a big smile.
"Hey mia principessa (hey my princess)." I smiled as tears ran down my cheeks.
"Hey Xav" I sobbed as he pulled me to sit next to him and he sat up to hug me. I cried a little as I hugged him back, feeling the warmth of his bare skin.
"I'm so so sorry," I tried to get even closer. He kissed my forehead and smoothed my hair rocking us softly.
"Shhhh mio angelo (my angel) it's fine. It's alright, you're safe now." I coughed a little as I pulled away and looked down as I started cracking my fingers which eased my stress a little.

He held the back of my head and leaned down to kiss my forehead.
"Thank you Xavier, for everything." I sent a grateful smile as he chuckled and hugged me once more. The door gently opened and I looked to see Ace standing there with a smile. I sent one back and he nodded as he closed the door. I closed my eyes and leaned in closer to his neck. I looked at all the tattoos on his shoulder and back.

"I love your tattoos," his chest rumbled as he laughed. He leaned back and looked at me with a smile.
"Can I get one?" I asked in a serious tone. He just laughed.
"Sure, when you're legal," I whined.
"Pleeaasseee." I begged and he looked conflicted.
"Why?" He sighed. I gulped and let out a shaky breath.

"I have scars, scars I wear to remind me of the trauma and yet... I feel a sort of pride towards them, the scars show that I've survived. But that pride is overshadowed by my fear when looking at them. I want something to cover them, to cover the fear so my pride can come out. So I can finally feel comfortable around others." I explained and he nodded thoughtfully.
"For f*ck's sake principessa. You're gonna get me in a lot of trouble." He groaned and flopped down and I giggled.
"I'm sorry, I'll wait for when I'm legal." I gulped a little. I know I'm asking for too much and I can't help the guilt that I sound like a spoilt brat.
"It's fine angelo (angel), we'll get you one soon," I squealed and hugged him again as he leaned on his elbows.

After a few seconds, he pulled away once more.
"Wanna see something?" He asked with a big smile and I nodded. He leaned over to the side table and opened one of the draws, he took something out and closed the draw. He turned over and I saw a photo frame. He handed it to me and I took it with confusion, I looked down and smiled a little as I felt a tear streak down.
"I was in the gym one day and you somehow managed to find a way there. I was laying down to think over something and heard the little patter of feet. I looked up and saw that you were naked and only wearing a diaper." He had a sorrowful look and chuckled.
"You came over and bent down to kiss me, I think you could sense that I was upset," he nudged me a little and I giggled.
"Everyday I would think that... if I were more careful, you wouldn't have had to face the trauma you did. I blame myself everyday for your disappearance," I let my gaze wander off the picture to watch him as he took a shaky breath and I just looked back down once more.