Chapter 16- Recovering

Oussama Guessoum as Jacob 👆

Vote and comment

Brianna's point of view

It's already been 5 days since I've woken up and the doctors say that all my pulse and vitals are good, Ace has recovered remarkably as they say, and we can go home in about a few days. However, since the impact and our broken legs, Ace and I are not able to walk and Ace is still weak so he cannot get out of bed if it does not have to do with a quick shower, brushing teeth or going to the toilet. And he still needs at least 2 people for help on each task.

I'm currently in Ace's room and we are just laughing at the stories of his past.
"Hey Ace?" I asked and he hummed.
"What's up little Bri?" I groaned, I hate that nickname he has been calling me for the past 4 days.
"Can you explain why you thought jumping in front of me was a god idea? What if you were to die, I'm not that worthy of saving you know?" I scolded. He quickly grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. I looked at him in confusion and he looked at me with a soft look.
"Why wouldn't I little Bri. You're worth dying for even in the little time I've known you. And besides, I would probably have been killed anyways if I sat around and did nothing" He replied with a scared laugh at the last bit. I let out a small sigh and couldn't help a few tears from escaping as I tried to bite back a sob that was threatening to escape. Ace took notice and sat up as much as he could before bending down slightly and grabbing my arms to wrap around his waist and I buried my head in his chest to stop him from looking at me. Once I managed to calm down I quickly detached myself from his grip and wiped my face while placing a palm on my tummy and sent him a thankful smile.

As it got around to 10pm, I decided that it was time for me to go to bed. As i was going to call in Dr Louis, Ace grabbed my hand.
"No, please stay." He begged. I looked at him in confusion.
"What do you mean, I can't fit in the bed and I'm sleepy." I explained, he shook his head and gently pulled me towards him even more.
"You can, please. I don't want to be alone, I haven't been able to sleep." His voice cracked and I was conflicted. After a few seconds of contemplating, I sighed and nodded while slowly  lifting myself up to stand. As I was half standing, my legs started to wobble a lot since they're not used to standing since they've been lying down for over a month.

I pushed with all the power I had onto my legs and finally managed to get onto the bed. Age cheered a little and bent over to fix my legs in a comfortable position before laying down and lifting the blanket for me to get in. I yawned and shook my head a little before moving under the blanket and later my head near his chest. He wrapped the blanket around us and placed his hand on my forearm.
"Goodnight Ace," I murmured before dozing off.
"Goodnight little Bri," I heard him before I fell completely unconscious.

Xavier's point of view

It was 9:40pm when I left my office and I decided to check on Brianna. It took me 15 minutes to get to the hospital and as soon as I parked, I walked over to the elevator and towards her room. However when I went inside her room, her bed was empty. I got confused so I decided to go see Ace's room before I started to panic.

Luckily, when I opened the door, I saw Ace sleeping in his bed and another bump of a body poking through the blanket next to him. I walked towards the other side and saw Brianna sleeping next to him with her head and left palm on his chest with a small smile. I debated on whether or not to wake her up but decided against it and left them alone. I gave Brianna a kiss on the forehead and left the room, going to my car and driving home. I'll see her awake tomorrow.

At the mansion

As I got inside the house, I saw mum and dad sitting on the island in the kitchen drinking some tea.
"Hey mama, papà." I greeted as I sat down myself.
"Hey baby. How's Brianna?" Mum replied.
"She's fine. She's currently sleeping." I decided to leave the part where she was asleep in Ace's bed or else mum would pester her to death.
"When are you going back home pops?" I asked as they cuddled together.
"In a few days don't worry. We're gonna stay with Lily then return home." He replied and I sent them a smile before getting yp and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge then bidding the parents goodnight.