Chapter 9- Grandad? & Shopping

Francisco Lachowski as Ace 👆

Vote and comment

Brianna's point of view

As we were getting closer and closer towards the mansion, I was growing more worried on what I was going to tell Xavier about getting suspended. Once the mansion was in view, I took in a large breath and decided to just suck it up and just tell him.

Once Taylor parked the car, I picked up my bag and opened the door before he could. I gave him a little smile and walked towards the door. From there I saw Luke and Joseph coming out of the SUV's. I turned around and somehow the big doors opened by themselves but I just left it and walked inside. I looked around the grand staircase to see if anyone was around till I heard a loud clutter from the kitchen. I walked toward the sound and saw Ms Blake walking around the kitchen with an older man sitting on a stool reading a newspaper. I felt kinda embarrassed and started to crack my fingers as silently as possible. Is it appropriate to call her grandma?

Apparently I wasn't quiet enough because turned around gran and her face lit up.
"Oh my beauty, come here Brianna you must be starving!" She exclaimed in an excited tone before pulling my arm towards the island where there was a bowl full of salad and a glass of water.

"Brianna?" I heard the older man beside me speak in disbelief. I put down my fork and turned towards him confused on why he looked so bewildered.
"Yes Dominic, Brianna has been found," I heard grandma reply while putting her hand on my shoulder and giving it a comforting squeeze and i flinched at the contact trying to get away from her touch without her noticing. She might of noticed my discomfort since she took her hand away with an apologetic smile.
"Brianna, meet my husband Dominic. Dominic, meet your granddaughter Brianna." I heard her sniffle a little. I just sat there in confusion. Grand..dad?

My eyes started to go wide. A loud comforting laugh started to echo in my mind. I felt myself go into a daze where it felt I wasn't even in my body. I felt myself being thrown up into the air and being catched by large hands. I heard a giggle every time I was in the air.
"Gan dad! Gan dad!" A little child's voice shouted with excitement.

"Brianna!" I heard grandma shout in fright but I couldn't reply. I blacked out.

Judith's point of view

I watched as our family doctor was checking over Brianna to make sure nothings wrong with her. I sighed and turned around seeing Dominic leaning up against the wall with his hands crossed on his chest staring into the room Brianna's in.
"Ju, please tell me your not lying." He begged, his voice cracking a little.
"I'm not lying Dom, it's really her." I reply with a small smile. I've always seen how close Brianna has been with her grandad. He sighed out in relief.
"Oh thank god," he whispered put his hand over his eyes to stop the tears. I hugged his chest and he quickly wrapped his arms around my shoulders since I'm shorter than him.

When we heard the door open, we quickly separated and turned towards the doctor.
"She's fine only exhausted a bit. She probably had a short flashback and the shock made her faint. But there is something I want to talk about that I found out."  He stated getting real serious. What we heard made us shocked to the core.

Xavier's point of view

"Hai trovato qualcosa?" (Have you found anything yet?) I asked getting more and more irritated by the second.
"Siamo spiacenti ma non ancora, capo." (We're sorry but not yet, boss.) they bowed their head down in respect . I sighed in frustration before letting it go. There's no point in getting angry now, I'm taking Brianna out shopping today and I don't want to explain why I came home with bloody hands.
"Pero ora prova a scoprire come so I riusciti a entrare in biblioteca e come sapevano che Brianna era lì. Sei licenziato." (For now try finding out how they managed to get into the library and how they knew Brianna was in there. You're dismissed.") they bowed their head in respect once more before going out of the room, leaving me in my thoughts.