Chapter 12- Please be okay

Vote and comment

Back at the mansion

Judith's point of view

As I was putting away the dishes, I heard the volume of the TV go up. With a stack of plates I walked into the living room and saw Dominic sitting on the couch with his hands in a fist resting his lips on them and resting his elbows on his knees watching the news.
"Dom-" I started but was cut off by a news reporter.

"Today at Central London, two teenagers were found smashed against a car and barely clinging onto their lives. Authorities quickly rushed into the scenes and the two were rushed to hospital. The teens were seen as one boy and one girl but were barely recognisable from the state of the hit. The footage we're about to show is disturbing so please look away if you cannot handle it." The woman said and what I saw next made me drop my plates on the floor, smashing them to bits.

Xavier's point of view

I was at my company going over a few contracts when my phone rang. I put down my files and saw the caller was my mum.
"Hey mum what's u-" I couldn't finish my sentence as I dropped my phone from what I was told.

"ANNA!" I called my secretary, she quickly came in seeing me put everything away and grabbing my essentials.
"Cancel all my meetings and if you can't, have Daniel go in my place!" I ordered.
"Yes sir," she replied yet with a confused look on her face. I ran out my office and quickly to the elevator. I impatiently kept tapping my foot as I was going down slowly.

My mums words kept ringing in my ears that I punched the wall in anger.
"Dammit." I thought.
Once I got into my underground parking. I got into my car and immediately sped away to the hospital, not caring if I passed the red lights.

At the hospital

As I entered the front entrance of the entrance I started shouting at the receptionist.
"Where the hell is my daughter?!" I screamed in anger, the lady looked up in fear and started shaking like a leaf.
"M-Mr Blake, Sir. I'm sorry b-but wh-who is you're d-d-daughter?" She stammered. I punched the desk.
"BRIANNA!. The girl who was rushed in here with someone else!" I yelled at her. Her eyes widened and she started searching in the computer.
"I'm s-sorry si-r bu-but she's still i-in the ICU." She explained. I growled in frustration and put my face in my palm moving it down to my lips.

"Xavier," I heard my mum's voice. I turned towards the waiting area and saw her running towards me while sobbing.
"Mum! Mum please, where is she!" I pleaded holding onto her shoulders.
"She's still in the ICU along with her friend. They both have major injuries and aren't sure whether they will survive or not." I heard my dad explain and his voice cracked a bit.
"Dammit." I whispered grabbing my hair. I sighed and wrapped my arms around my shaking mum.
"Have they caught the driver?" I asked. Dad nodded.
"Yes. Luckily Taylor was following close behind her and managed to get the ambulance there before the kids both bled to death. Luke and Joseph have him in for 'questioning' after he's receives medical treatment." He responded. I immediately understood where he is. My death chamber.

"Come. She's this way." Mum said pulling me towards the elevator. She pressed the 3rd floor button and I kept praying to God that she survives.
Once we reached the floor, she dragged me towards a room that had a window showing the inside. The sight before me makes me want to cry out in agony: there are probably 3 doctors and 4 nurses in there all running around her body in the bed. She has so many tubes around her, a cast on her arm and leg, a breathing tube, oxygen mask and many more.
"Dear God. Please let her survive, I can't lose her again." I whispered continuously.

Suddenly, I remembered her friend.
"Wait, where's her friend?" I asked, dad pointed to the room next to Brianna's and I saw 4 doctors and 5 nurses in there, tending to.. a boy? His condition looks just as bad as Brianna's. I fisted my knuckles and returned back to my parents and sat down on the waiting chairs, continuously tapping my feet.

After 2 hours, a doctor came out of Brianna's room and another came out of the boy's.
"Brianna?" He asked and my parents and I sat up.
"I'm her father." I explained as his eyes widened. He cleared his throat and started explaining.
"Well, it's not good. Due to the harsh impact of the car, she has broken both her ribs and has bruises on her lungs, which is why we have her on the breathing tube. She has fractured both her right arm and left leg from falling over in an awkward position. There was swelling in her brain, that we managed to reduce, but had to put her in a coma. She had a whiplash in her neck so we had to put a brace on it. She's received cuts that are very deep so we had to stitch them up and has also suffered internal bleeding. She's lost a tremendous amount of blood and is barely clinging onto life right now." He explained. Mum started to sob uncontrollably and dad wrapped her around her to keep her calm.

"And.. the boy?" I asked the doctor that came out his room. He sighed before explaining.
"His condition is the same as Brianna's, but because he was hit from the back, he was hit in the spine, somehow he wasn't paralysed but he has a small crack in his lung that will gradually heal overtime, he is also in a coma. From what I can tell with both their conditions, the young boy might have thrown himself in front of Brianna in a way to protect her from getting hit." He explained. I dropped down onto the seats on covered my face with my palms.

(A/N: I apologise if I have gotten anything wrong here, I'm not a doctor so I don't know whether they are true or not, same with Brianna's condition)

"We are going to have to keep them in a coma for a while longer so they're injuries have time to properly heal and the swelling of their brains can go down enough that it will not be harmful for them both." I nodded and thanked them.
"Can I go see her?" I asked.
"Yes you can, but she will be unresponsive. After that, I would like to talk to you about something." He stated a bit hesitant. I nodded slowly and walked to her room.

"WHERE IS HE?! WHERE IS MY SON?!" I heard a man's voice yell. I turned towards the commotion and saw a man with, I would presume, his wife running towards the area we were in.
"Excuse me Sir, but who are you?" The doctor of the boy asked.
"We're Ace Arnold's parents. Please tell me he's here." The woman begged. I looked at them before going into Brianna's room. He has his parents with him.
"Please sir, ma'am. Come with me, I will show you to him." I heard the doctor explain before I closed the door behind me.

I looked in front of me and I nearly collapsed to me knees.
"Oh Brianna." I whispered. I quickly moved to her side and sat on chair next to the bed and quickly grabbed her hand. They felt so cold compared to mine. I kissed the back and held it to warm it up.

I don't how long I've been here but I know that it's long enough for it to be dark outside. I was tracing circles on Brianna's hand when the door opened and in walked my parents.
"Xavier, you've been in here for 5 hours. You need to go home and rest." Mum pleaded. I shook my head repeatedly.
"No. I can't leave her." I whispered knowing that my voice is cracking.
"Son please, you need to go home and rest. You also have a man to interrogate." Dad replied and suddenly my whole body felt alive with anger.
"Fine. But you better look after her when I'm gone." I ordered them, glaring into their eyes not caring if they are my parents.
"of course we will son," dad replied giving my shoulder a squeeze before I stood up. I gave Brianna one final kiss on her forehead and walked towards the door. I looked back  and saw my mum sitting on the chair while my dad sat on the small couch in the far corner. After debating for a few seconds, I opened the door and left.
"I will be back soon." I announced before closing the door behind me.

As I entered the waiting room, I looked over at Ace's room and saw both his parents near him. His mother still crying while holding his hand. I must thank him for trying to protect Bri.
I saw Brianna's doctor coming over as I was about to leave.
"I'm really sorry to disturb you sir but I need to ask you a very important question." He explained.
"What is it?" I asked impatiently, I have somewhere to be and someone to kill.
"I hope I'm not saying this the wrong way but.. have you been abusing your daughter?"
"What?"