Chapter 34- Clarity

Start writing your story

Vote and comment

Xavier's point of view

The constant ringing of the last few seconds of the explosion were what I was woken up. Everywhere I looked, fire and destruction were what I was met with; broken trees, bricks flying, dirt and debris exploding like fireworks. I pushed myself up with as much strength as I could with my shaking arms.
"Brianna," I shot up and almost fell over once more with the banging headache that I could feel already forming. There were voices everywhere, all around me.

"Sir!"
"Don!"
"Boss!"

Hands were ripping onto me and felt my body being hated up to my feet. I let out a groan as I looked up and saw my men surrounding me.
"Brianna. Where, fuck, where is she?" I ordered as I tried to lift my head to find her.
"Don't worry Don, Luke and Joseph are with her." One of my men murmured, realising the damage the explosion caused.
"Take me to her. Now!" I commanded when I saw them hesitating.

Two people were on both sides as they helped me over to where Joseph holding Brianna's head where his hand was slowly beginning to get soaked with blood. Suddenly, all the pain I felt left my body as I pushed myself up and ran the small distance to fall next to her.
"Bri? Bri? Come on la mia principessa wake up." I begged. I placed two fingers on her neck and could barely feel a pulse.
"We've called our ambulance Don." Joseph murmured without moving his hand in fear of more blood coming out. Luke was slowly leaning forward whilst holding Brianna's feet in case something happens.

'Ace? Where is that stupid boy?" I whipped my head around and tried to ignore the throbbing pain surfacing as I viewed the lasting remains of the building.
"Fuck! Amir, go get checked out and take your team to see if you can find any lasting survivors. Especially Ace, bring me proof if he is alive." I instructed as i let my gaze fall to Brianna once more. I could barely hear her breathing, the colour was quickly draining from her face as a sheen of sweat was highlighting her face. I looked over her frame and found the ripped shirt soaking in red. Panic quickly began growing as I took my shirt off and wrapped it around her stomach in hopes to slow it down.
The last thing I heard was the siren of the ambulance before I finally fell into the darkness.

12 hours later

I groaned as I finally managed to open my eyes as was met with a blinding light.
"Hello my son, welcome to Heaven." A deep voice echoed throughout the room.
"Knock it off Joseph." I murmured as I lifted an arm to cover my face as and heard a gawk.
"Oh come on Boss, live a little." He whined
"Yeah boss, I mean you are." The cheeky voice of Luke came after as the duo started cackling. I sighed with the roll of my eyes before grabbed my pillow and hurling it at the two. They screeched and tried to run away but just ended up bumping into each other. I just smirked as I pushed myself up from the bed and looked around the room. Wait, the hospital.

"What happened? Where Brianna?" I started panicking as I tried to take the IV.
"Woah, woah calm down Don." They panicked and got up to stop me from getting up.
"Brianna is fine. She is in critical condition for the next 24 hours but the doc said that she is not at the brink of death anymore." Joseph explained as he got the pillow to place behind my back. Luke lifted my legs back onto the bed and wrapping the blanket over it. I narrowed my eyes at his exaggeration and he just sent me a cheeky smile. I just gave up with an eye roll and looked at them expectantly.

"She was in surgery and aid that she had lost a lot of blood, she has a broken rib, stabbed in the stomach and had a lot of what looked like whip lashes on her bag, they also said that she has a concussion and also a wound on her head, they were hoping that she wouldn't fall asleep but she did so now she is in a medically induced coma to let her rest and should be able to wake up in 2 or 3 days " They whispered as my eyes widened.
"A coma?! Again?!" I panicked as I tried to get out once more and they just pushed me back down by the shoulders.
"There is not much you can o Don. They made us leave so she can fully rest. Her body has been abused for so many years that it has just now given the chance to heal from the last time she fainted." They explained once I stopped struggling.
"Fuck." I held my face in my hands as I pondered what I was going to do once she woke up.
"Anything else?" I asked as they looked at each other then at me. I raised a brow while waiting.
"They gave us the basic information because we are family but they said that they had to give you every other details because you are her father." They elucidated. I nodded and ordered them to get the doctor.