45 | man down

( so, uh, this is what REALLY happened )

❝ What the fuck is he doing here?! Who is he trying to shoot?! ❞

What the fuck is he doing here?! Who is he trying to shoot?!

Everyone's heart stopped beating as they looked at the gym entrance and saw Latrelle holding a gun. Jamal drew in a sharp breath and his flight response activated. "GET DOWN!"

He, Cesar, and Monse ran to hide under a nearby table. Everyone else was beelining it out of the second gym entrance, failing miserably. There were too many students!

Nothing but panic filled the air and Monse was absolutely terrified. "What the fuck is he doing here?! Who is he trying to shoot?!"

"Cesar?" Jamal assumed.

"No..." Cesar trailed off, peeking at Latrelle. He was pointing his gun at a very specific person. Cesar followed the direction of the gun and looked at who he was aiming at. His heart dropped.

Ruby noticed too because he yelled, "ISABELLA!"

He jumped in front of her at the same exact moment Latrelle pulled the trigger, ultimately ending with them both getting shot.

Latrelle dashed out of the gym after that, his job being complete

Latrelle dashed out of the gym after that, his job being complete. The other students were screaming at the top of their lungs, still struggling to exit the gym.

"NO!!!!!!!!" Monse choked out a sob.

"RUBY!" Jamal screamed. He rushed up to an injured Ruby, praying to god he wasn't too hurt. Cesar also ran up to Ruby while Monse ran up to Isabella.

"ISABELLA?!" She put pressure on Isabella's wound. "Stay with me, okay?!"

"R-Ruby?" Isabella struggled to say. She weakly looked to her right and saw Ruby on the floor, wheezing in his own pool of blood.

"SOMEONE HELP!" Cesar yelled, fear evident in his tone.

The Principal and a few other students came over to help. Dave quickly called 911.