15 | crossing enemy lines

❝ Gee, thanks for the heads up daddy ❞

Gee, thanks for the heads up
daddy

Monse crossed her arms. "Then tell me."

Ruby pointed at the couch. "Have a seat."

When they all were seated, he spoke again. "I honestly don't know where to begin."

Monse rolled her eyes. "Well you better start somewhere."

Ruby looked at Isabella. "Babe, a little help here?"

Isabella sighed. "Look Monse, the Prophets-"

"The Prophets what, bitch?!" a voice behind them spat. Ruby and Isabella froze up. They knew that voice from anywhere.

"Latrelle? I didn't know you were coming!" Monse said excitedly.

"And watch your mouth," Ruby hissed.

Latrelle let out a laugh. "Man Ruby, I've been hearing a lot about you lately. I gotta say, I didn't know you had it in you."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"You beating up Cesar. Exposing him as a fraud. You've earned my respect," Latrelle told him.

Monse's ears perked up. She addressed Ruby. "Wait, what? You fought Cesar?"

Ruby's ears also perked up. He completely ignored Monse and focused on Latrelle. "Wait, I really earned your respect?"

"Yup. About...one percent of it," Latrelle answered.

Ruby huffed and Latrelle laughed. "You still got 99% to go, little man. But I'll give you a hint. If you want my full respect, you gotta get your hands dirty. A fistfight ain't shit. Maybe if you kill Cesar, you'd get that 99 percent real fast."

"That's not funny, Latrelle! You're in his house! Be respectful!" Monse scolded.

"Monse..." Isabella whispered.

"What?"

"Yeah, what was that Isabella? You've been real quiet over there next to your new man," Latrelle pointed out.

"Oh yeah, aren't you guys exes or something?" Monse asked while pointing at Latrelle and Isabella.

Ruby looked at her as if she were crazy. "What?"

"I think it's time for us to leave, Ruby!" Isabella said before getting up.

"Right behind ya!"

They hightailed it away from Latrelle. Monse shouted after them. "Wait, you still didn't tell me about the Prophets!"

"I wouldn't say that out loud if I were you," Latrelle warned her.

"Why? Do you know about them?"

Latrelle crossed his arms. "Of course I do. I'm one of them."