09 | monse's arrival

❝ If the Santos want to mess with me, then bring it on ❞

If the Santos want to mess with me, then bring it on

Monse arrived in front of her new house later that day. She stared at it in awe. It was much bigger than her old house.

Monty noticed her dropped jaw. "You like it?"

Monse smiled at the house as she spoke. "I actually do."

Monty was glad to hear that. "See, I knew you would. Let's go inside."

They headed inside the house together. The inside of the house was just as beautiful as the outside.

Monse took in her surroundings. She may have hated the idea of moving, but this house alone might've made it worth it.

"Damn dad, you did really good."

Monty chuckled. "And with this new job, there'll be more where that came from. Anyway, you should go unpack. I think you'll really like your room."

Monse nodded and headed upstairs with her suitcases. When she got to her room, she dropped her bags and her jaw dropped to the floor once again. Her room was three times bigger than her old one!

She jumped up and down in excitement. "Oh my god!"

Was this a dream?!

She quickly ran back downstairs to her dad.

Monty grew nervous when he saw her running to him. "What's wrong?! You look like you've seen a ghost! Please tell me there aren't ghosts in this house!"

"Are you sure that's not your room?" Monse asked him.

Monty sighed. "Look honey, I know it's not fully decorated but-"

"I love it!" Monse declared. She jumped into his arms and squeezed him tight. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

He let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, good. I thought you hated it. So...there's no ghost?"

Monse giggled and shook her head. "No, dad. But thank you for all this. It's more than I could ever ask for."

"I told you that you deserve the best."

They shared another heartfelt hug. When they broke up the hug, Monty made a suggestion. "How about you go check out the neighborhood?"

Monse crossed her arms doubtfully. "By myself?"

"Yeah, why not? Freeridge is safe," he told her.

"But I don't know anyone."

"That's never been a problem for you before, has it?" Monty pointed out.

"No it hasn't." Monse paused and bit her lip, considering the idea. "Okay, I'll do it."

Monty clapped. "Great! But be home early! We still have to settle in and you have school tomorrow."