11 | you've been warned

❝ I met these two boys named Jamal and Cesar

I met these two boys named Jamal and Cesar. They seem to have a lot of secrets and a whole lot of opinions

Monse was still in the hall with Latrelle. She was looking for Jamal but couldn't find him. Why did he run out of the class so fast?

Latrelle looked over at her and realized she was searching around frantically. "Who you looking for?"

"Jamal," she answered.

"Jamal Turner?"

Monse gasped. "You know him?!"

Latrelle smirked slyly. "I know him too well."

"Do you know where he is? He's supposed to be showing me around."

"You don't need that lame. I'll show you around instead," Latrelle offered. He held his hand out.

Monse couldn't help but blush. What was it about Latrelle that made her so weak?

She put her hand in his and smiled.

"Well, what now?" he asked.

Monse took out her schedule. "Well, according to this paper it's lunch time."

"Bet. Follow me," Latrelle said. He held her hand all the way to the lunchroom. Monse didn't know what to think about it. It was just a friendly gesture, right?

When they got there, Latrelle's phone started to ring. He took it out of his pocket, looked at the caller, and huffed. "Shit, I gotta take this. Just find a table or something."

"Okay then..." Monse said awkwardly as Latrelle walked out. She looked around the lunchroom for Jamal.

"MONSE!" Jamal called from his table. She ran up to him. He quickly got up and squeezed her tight. "Oh, I'm so glad you're safe!"

"What the hell, Jamal?! Where were you?"

"I had to do something. Sorry," Jamal lied.

"You ran out of that classroom like you saw a ghost or something," Monse joked.

Jamal gulped. "Trust me, I saw something far worse."

"Like what?" she asked curiously.

"Latr-"

Jamal was interrupted by Cesar who was walking up to them with his tray in his hands. "YO!"

Jamal stomped his foot angrily. "I swear if I get interrupted one more time!"

Cesar backed up a little. "My bad?"

"Whatever, forget it," Jamal said before sitting down.

Monse and Cesar also sat down. Cesar nudged his head towards Monse. "And who is this?"

"I'm Monse. Who are you?"

"I'm Cesar."

Monse smiled. "Nice to meet you, Cesar."