23 | it's personal

❝ Latrelle took your girl

Latrelle took your girl. So the question is, what are you willing to do to get her back?

Meanwhile, Ruby, Jamal, and Cesar were roaming around.

"So you're in, Ruby?" Cesar asked him.

"Hell yeah! I want Latrelle's ass gone. I think he's starting to get to Isabella too."

"You really care about her, huh?"

"I love her a lot. She's my first love honestly," Ruby answered.

Cesar continued to question him about Isabella, to Jamal's dismay. "And she loves you?"

"Cesar," Jamal hissed.

Ruby smiled stupidly as he answered. "Yeah she does."

Cesar scoffed inwardly. He really wanted to show Ruby the recording, but Jamal insisted that he didn't. Of course Cesar was going to listen, the last thing he wanted to do was lose his friendship with Jamal because of Isabella. She's ruined enough friendships already.

Ruby looked over at him and noticed his facial expression. "Oh, sorry. This must be uncomfortable for you to hear."

Cesar chuckled. "Oh no, not at all. She's all yours. I like someone else."

Jamal fake coughed into his fist as he said, "Monse." He coughed again, trying to play it off. Cesar just rolled his eyes.

"Well that dream is totally out of the question now. Latrelle took your girl. So the question is, what are you willing to do to get her back?" Ruby questioned.

"Everything. She's the key to destroying him."

"So what are we doing?" Jamal asked.

Cesar shrugged. "We can't go back to his block. He knew we were coming. Plus...we have no car."

"Oh yeah! Jamal told me about the tuck and roll! That shit was savage!" Ruby exclaimed.

"Ruby," Jamal scolded calmly.

"Sorry."

But Cesar laughed at his enthusiasm. "Thanks."

Jamal sighed. "I don't know how we can plot anything against Latrelle when he always knows what we're up to."

"But how?" Cesar mused.

"Well, someone's obviously telling him. They might be spying on us right now," Ruby pointed out.

Those words made them look around uneasily. Were they being watched?

Out of nowhere, Cesar's phone rung, startling them. Were they right?

"It's just Spooky," Cesar said with a sigh of relief. He answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Get your ass home, now!" Spooky demanded. Then he hung up.