35 | obsessive

❝ Trust me, ignorance is bliss ❞

Trust me, ignorance is bliss

Wednesday morning, Monse was fast asleep. She spent all of yesterday afternoon at Jamal's house keeping Cesar company, and honestly, she had fun. His presence brightened her day and they also had the chance to get to know each other more.

Overall, she enjoyed his company. In fact, she enjoyed it so much that she was dreaming about him right now! Specifically about how things would've been if she dated him instead of Latrelle.

Unfortunately, her alarm clock disrupted her pleasant thoughts, causing her to groan in annoyance. She did not want to wake up right now. The dream was just getting good.

Her alarm rung ceaselessly and it was starting to annoy her, so she rolled over and turned it off. Afterward, she grabbed her phone and checked her messages. She read a text from Cesar.

CESAR : I had fun with you yesterday.

Monse beamed.

MONSE : Me too. We should do it again.

Then she checked her other messages. She had messages from Jamal and Kayla, but there was one message that caught her attention the most.

She jolted upwards and stared down at the text, horrified.

LATRELLE : I hope you like the gift.

Gift?! What gift?!

Monse had a panicked look on her face as she sprung out of bed. Why the hell was he sending her gifts?!

She quickly ran downstairs shouting for her father. "DAD! DAD!"

Monty rushed out of the kitchen worriedly. "Monse? What's going on?!"

Monse's breathing intensified. She was petrified. "D-did w-we receive a package?"

"Ooh!" Monty clapped. "Now that I think about it, yes. There was a package for you." He walked to a nearby table and grabbed the box. "I have no idea who sent it."

"Did you open it?"

"No, but we should to see who sent it." Monty began opening the box which alarmed Monse.

"DON'T!" she cried out with her arms in front of her pleadingly.

Her sudden cry startled Monty. He crossed his arms as he addressed her. "Monse, what is going on with you? Someone was kind enough to send you a gift!"

"It could be a bomb for all we know!"

"Monse, cut it out please."

He proceeded to open the box. There was a plain white shirt resting inside. He took it out and showed her. "See Monse, it's just a shirt." Then he examined the wording on the shirt. "...that says...Montrelle?"

Monse swallowed hard. She knew exactly what Montrelle meant—Monse and Latrelle.

"What's a Montrelle?" Monty wondered as he continued to fixate on the words.