42 | homecoming

❝ Shut up and dance with me ❞

Shut up and dance with me

Cesar and Ruby were standing side by side on the school steps, waiting for their dates to arrive. Cesar glanced over at Ruby and saw him trembling slightly. "How you feeling?"

"Nervous. You?"

"Yeah same," Cesar confessed. He looked straight ahead. "We'll be fine though."

Then a car pulled up. Cesar and Ruby smiled because they recognized that car from anywhere. Soon after, Monse and Isabella stepped out of the car.

"Thanks dad!" they heard Monse say.

"Yeah thanks, Mr. Finnie!" Isabella said.

"No problem. Have fun girls," Monty said before hugging them.

Ruby and Cesar stared at them from their spot on the stairs, completely stunned. They looked drop dead gorgeous. Ruby was even drooling a little, but he caught himself.

When Monty drove off, Monse and Isabella approached them. "Hey."

"Damn," was all Cesar and Ruby could muster.

Monse and Isabella exchanged a curious look.

"You two look beautiful," Ruby elaborated.

Isabella smiled. "Thank you. You two look splendid also."

Ruby held his hand out towards her. "Come on, let's head inside."

Isabella held his hand and they went inside. Monse looked at Cesar's outfit. "You should wear suits more often," she flirted teasingly.

"I clean up nice?"

"Very nice," she answered. Then they also held hands and followed Rulla into the school.

When they got to the gym, they glanced around. The decorations were lavish from the ceiling to the floor, and everyone in attendance also looked stunning.

"Wow...Jamal did this?" Isabella asked as she continued to look around with a dropped jaw.

"Yeah. I think so," Cesar confirmed.

"That boy is dedicated."

"Come on, let's take some pictures!" Monse insisted.

Ruby and Isabella decided to go first. They posed with each other as Monse and Cesar took several pictures of them. Isabella kissed his cheek in one of the pictures.

Then the roles reversed and Ruby and Isabella took pictures of Monse and Cesar. As they posed for the camera, Isabella couldn't help but gush. "Goals, I swear!"

Ruby and Cesar proceeded to take some pictures together and Monse and Isabella did the same. Then they all took one big group picture.

Monse checked the pictures and approved of them. "We need to get Jamal."