12 | out for blood

❝ My friends here are my family too, and if you can't accept that, then I don't know what to tell you ❞

My friends here are my family too, and if you can't accept that, then I don't know what to tell
you

"And I just don't know what to do bro," Jamal told Cesar. They were sitting in class talking about Monse.

"Just tell her straight up," Cesar suggested.

"I try man, but Monse doesn't listen for shit!"

Cesar shrugged. "Then I don't know."

Jamal gave him a displeased look. "Can you at least act like you're interested in this convo?"

"I honestly can't focus right now. Between Latrelle coming back, my brother hating me, and this damn party tonight, I don't know what to do," Cesar said with a sigh.

"I really don't get why your brother is tripping like that. It's just a party."

Cesar looked at Jamal and swallowed hard. If only he could tell him the true meaning of the party.

"Well, did you invite Ruby?" Jamal continued.

"Are you crazy?! Hell no!"

"That's literally all you have to do."

"No, Jamal. I'm not giving in," Cesar said firmly.

Jamal smelled something foul. He sniffed Cesar and then covered his nose. "Is that you?"

Cesar rolled his eyes. "I don't exactly have access to a shower right now. I didn't go back home."

"And we just came from gym," Jamal noted. "Damn."

"Okay it's not that serious," Cesar said while sniffing himself. The stench was foul. "Okay, maybe it is."

Jamal nodded vigorously while covering his nose. "You better make sure Monse doesn't smell you. She'll never like you then."

Cesar quickly looked at him. "What?"

"Oh come on. I see the way you look at her."

Cesar fixated on his desk, trying to avoid eye contact. "We're just friends."

"That doesn't change the fact that you're feeling her."

Cesar shrugged. "She's just refreshing to be around."

"Cause she's not from here."

"Exactly. And she's completely clueless. She needs to stay that way," Cesar told him.

"What? No, we need to warn her about Latrelle!"

"What ABOUT HIM?!" Cesar yelled. Everyone in the class looked at them suspiciously.

"That he's a...Prophet," Jamal whispered.

"If you tell her about him, she's going to find out about me too," Cesar reminded him.