39 | time jump

❝ You're the only girl I have eyes for ❞

You're the only girl I have eyes for

Three weeks later

It was now three weeks later on a Thursday. Things had been so peaceful in Freeridge those past three weeks.

Latrelle was truly gone and the Prophets weren't causing trouble. As for the squad, Cesar and Monse were no longer a secret. Everyone knew they were together, and they were listed as one of the cutest couples at Freeridge High School.

As for Ruby, he and Isabella were close friends. She was also now a part of their squad. And as for Jamal? Well, Jamal was sitting at a table handing out tickets to homecoming.

"Get your tickets here!" he announced. "Get your tickets here!" Some students walked up to him and bought tickets. "Thank you! Tell your friends!"

Just then, Monse and Isabella walked up to him. He greeted them warmly. "Oh hey, you two! Here to buy tickets?"

"The principal has you on ticket duty?" Isabella asked him.

"He sure does."

"Why...?" Monse chimed in.

"Because he doesn't trust anyone else. He thinks they'll...steal the money," Jamal answered.

The girls laughed. Then the loudspeaker came on and their Principal's voice rang out through it. "Good morning students. As you all know, Homecoming is tomorrow night. You can buy your tickets at the table in the hallway. Jamal Turner will be waiting for you. That is all."

Jamal nodded his head at his two friends. "You heard the man."

Monse and Isabella exchanged a look and then bought two tickets.

"Thank you for your donation," Jamal joked.

Monse gripped her backpack strap. "Are you going?"

"Of course. I was the first one to buy a ticket," Jamal answered.

"Ooooh." Isabella decided to poke some fun at him. "Who's your date?"

Jamal rolled his eyes and waved his hand dismissively. "I don't have one. I'm not going to be on the dance floor. I'm going to be with the principal."

Monse sucked her teeth. "Oh come on, Jamal. It's homecoming! You have to hang with us!"

He refused. "No can do. I already promised the principal that I would patrol and make sure no sexual activities happen."

Isabella shrugged. "Suit yourself. But since we're talking about sexual activities..." She turned the attention onto Monse.

Monse furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"

"Have you and Cesar-"

Monse quickly cut her off. "What? No! No, we have not!" Then she crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at Isabella. "Have you?"