19 | partner's in crime

❝ Let's hope those rumors about them never missing aren't true! ❞

Let's hope those rumors about them never missing aren't true!

A couple of hours later, Ruby was still home with Isabella. He came out of the kitchen and brushed his hands off. "There, all done." He sat next to Isabella. "Sorry for the wait, baby."        

"It's fine. I just watched a movie, took a nap, woke up, took another nap-"        

Ruby laughed and cut her off. "Okay, now you're lying. I did not take that long."     

Isabella laughed. "Yeah you're right, you only took thirty minutes."

"Really? Damn. I don't know why my ma has me doing chores anyway. I never do chores."

Isabella shrugged. "All I know is that you lost the bet."

"Yeah I know, I said fifteen minutes."

"You know what you have to do now, right?" Isabella asked.

Ruby stood up. "This?" He began unzipping his pants but an angry voice suddenly called his name, making his heart drop.

"RUBEN!"

Ruby quickly zipped up his pants. "MA?!"        

"What on EARTH are you doing?!"        

"N-nothing!" he lied, sitting down quickly.

Geny walked closer. "Who is this fast little girl sitting on my couch? Don't tell me this is Isabella."

"I am ma'am," Isabella answered.

Geny was disgusted. "Why are you in my house? Didn't I tell you that you're grounded, Ruby?!"       

"Yes...but you didn't say I couldn't invite people over."

"Why couldn't you have invited someone decent over, like Jamal? Not her," Geny hissed, glaring at Isabella.

"Ma stop," Ruby said through gritted teeth.

Isabella spoke. "Look, I know you may not like me but-"

"Don't you dare talk to me like I'm one of your friends!" Geny snapped. "You're the reason why my son is all messed up! He almost died because of you!"

"Ma, stop it!" Ruby demanded.        

"No, it's okay Ruby. I can handle her insults," Isabella said.

Geny continued snapping on her. "You think it's cute to use my son as a rebound?"

"I'm not a rebound!" Ruby answered for Isabella.

"Ruby, shut up! You really think this girl loves you?!"

Ruby defended his girlfriend. "She told me she does and I believe her!"

"I love Ruby with all of my heart. I would never hurt him," Isabella affirmed.

Ruby smiled at her. "I love you too, Isabella."