Chapter 22

I tried to keep to Chaol as the group of Nesyrn, Chaol, and Calaena split up and went to the backroom where Calaena flopped down on the left side. I carefully settled down next to her as Nesyrn took her spot by Chaol who pulled out the large chair and sat down, his eyes meeting Calaena's. There was a short flicker of hurt that was blinked away. 

Dust sparkled in the red light, it casted a light shadow onto the wooden plank. Jasmine filled my nostrils as the assassin flicked back her hair into my face, and I sniffled. 

"So... what are we doing exactly?" I asked first.

Turquoise eyes shifted to me then Chaol. "You haven't told her yet. I should be disappointed, but since you're here I'll tell you."

Over by the desk Nesryn's dark eyes sparkled yet she held a stoic face.

"We are trying to break out Aedion." Calaena described causally, "However, we might run into some trouble because the glass castle belongs to the king."

Chaol chipped in, "There might also be some...ummm... magic involved."

"I thought that was outlawed," I mentioned with Calaena's eyes widening.

Calaena demanded, "Why would you tell her that?!"

Chaol explained, "She has no reason why to be a spy for the king. Plus, I had a full background check on her and turns out she was apart of the rebellion in Eyllwe."

"That is accurate." I regaled while pointing towards Chaol without hesitation, "I attempted to help the royal family to reclaim their throne years ago; nonetheless, nothing ever came of it."

Calaena's eye narrowed, nontheless before she could argue Nesyrn interjected, "If that is the case then she it to be trusted."

I gave Calaena a shit-eating grin while my heart nearly pounded out of my chest. For some strange reason I already have existed in Adarlan.

"Fine, if that is how it will be," Calaena snarled that sent chills down my spine, "so they are called Wyrdmarks. It is something from another world that is full of darkness and the king will use them against us to keep me out."

"You must be a powerful enemy then" I commented quietly.

The ruddy haired assassin smirked and continued, "Our goal is to break out Aedion and to escape in one piece."

"Now that everyone knows lets get prepared," ordered Chaol as he abruptly stood up.

---

Days passed as we planned the rescue of Aedion and all of it was non-eventful. We spoke to guards who were loyal to Chaol and other people who could help. It was sight to be seen since so many people from various backgrounds chipped in to save this general who only has caused problems for them. I was placed in with the archers who were to guard the walls of the garden which I was not thrilled about. It took time but we had to be ready.

---

Hello! I do apologize for the short chapter but there are AP exams coming up so I cannot spend enough time to do a complete chapter.

Thank you!

-circiinus_