Chapter 1

There was no light, just darkness. No breeze but stiff, musty air. I, Ymir Carlilse, began to walk to slight coldness I could feel. The brisk walk seemed like an eternity, any life forms that lingered in this place were not present.

"W-who's there?" I asked as I felt a hot breath on the back my neck suddenly. I was paralyzed with fear, the hair on the back of my neck began to rise.

A voice sighed into my ear, "Trust me you don't want to know but I have a task for you little one."

I felt the adrenaline rush as I began to sprint away from that thing. Various shades of black and gray passed around me as I ran to somewhere. There were no defining features of the landscape surround my path save for a tall tree that stood miles away. As I was slowed down to catch my breath I just happen so walked right onto my pocket watch that's always kept in my right pocket. My fingers squirmed in my jean pockets as I searched for it yet it was empty.

I'm ran in a circle! That was a waste of my time!

"Come out you coward! Come out and fight me!" I shouted with all my patience withering away at a moments glance to my situation. Simply, I was trapped.

The echo of steps from nowhere made the ground rumble slightly. The sky turn quickly from a gray gradient to the dark shades of the night. I trembled in ignorant anger and rage with my temper adding up.

I exploded as I pounded my fist on the ground from a fit of rage, "Coward!!!"

"That rage will not help you in any way. It will only be your downfall, little one." that eerie voice echoed with my hits to the desolate ground, pebbles shook under the strength of my hits. A heavy stench of rotting leaves entered my flared nostrils.

"No it won't! Why don't you show yourself. I'm not afraid!"

"Oh yes you will little one. All the ones who have seen me never lived another day."

"That's all I hear is bullshit. Now get me out of this place," I demanded with some control.

"It is not so easy as finding a door to exit through and it only involves putting your life into perilous circumstances..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"The only way to leave is to go to another dimension. With recent times  I have been drawing upon boredom so I might as well give you a few tasks."

"Uh-uh. What do you mean by tasks?"

"Your lover and dearest friend's humanity have been stolen and broken into pieces out of the cost of other worldly conflict," the darkness delineated with each word growing deeper. "Each world you enter you must complete one task to collect that fragment of their soul. Ymir, you will be given messages left in that world given to a trusted servant. I wish you the best of luck."

"Wait how do you know my name!" I yelled as I wasted my breath because as soon I said that that thing was gone.

In the darkness in front of me I saw lavender hair that wrapped around a serene, heart-shaped face. Freckles sprinkled the cheek bones of the feminine face and my heart rate accelerated. My eyes widen when I saw the face of my lover and dearest friend, but then fire began to build. Her body was burned way in a blink of an eye.

I reached out for her charred hand in vain where she stood in front of me in the nightly atmosphere; however, her burnt finger broke off into ash as she reached out for me. Pure terror rippled through every fiber of my being when I lost sight of her, then the darkness was no more.