Chapter 5

"Who are you!?" snarled the gruff voice now with more aggression.

"Mia..." I answered with my eyes closed and rubbed my head. In the mess of my curls I felt a bobby pin in the depths of it.

The baritone voice retorted again, "How did you find us?"

I peered over the collar of my jacket and the dwarf with  blue eyes that pierced into me. Many braids were tangled together as he moved away from the entrance of the cell.

"To be honest I am no one in the world. I am only searching for a dear friend of mine," I calmly stated as I stood up, "I have no idea who you are and I do not care."

The dwarf glared at me and sat down with a menacing look, "Why am I stuck here with you?"

"I do not know... nor do I care," I continued to the other side of the cell.

Thump! An elven guard roughly smacked the metal bars to silence us, "Quiet down!"

The dark haired dwarf glanced through the bars with centuries worth of rage with a glint of defeat in his eyes. He pulled up his legs and put his head between his knees, his sigh made a little white cloud of condensation.

"I think everything will work out as it always does." I tried to console while staring up at the ceiling outside the cell. The staircases weaved up and down on the left side and across the gap were more cells. It seemed the torches were running low.

The only response I got was silence as I turned around and wandered over to a wall to lean against. The dark haired dwarf stared up at me as I sat back with a rock stabbing my back. From my peripheral vision I saw Tauriel approach one of the cells and stand there.

The dark haired dwarf asked, "What are you doing?"

"Just observing...," I trailed off into thought and sat down. A foot smacked against my calf to push me away from the barred doors, "What was that for?!".

The dark hair dwarf mumbled, "I do not trust you."

"That is reasonable," I mentioned as I lifted up my head, "What is your name?"

"Thorin," He murmured without eye contact.

I responded, "Neat."

"Is that all you are going to say? I have fought in many wars-"

I interrupted with a hint of disgust in my voice, "Yup. That is all."

"Where are you from?" questioned repeatedly Thorin with frustration lining his face.

"A place far away with different looking trees. The trees are larger with fewer leaves with pastures of sand. There are various animals that look strange," I began, "It is filled with humans who are just like you and I and it is large place.".

"Sounds odd," Thorin commented as he inched away from the bars and settled on the other side of the tiny cell. A few mice ran away from the sound of his small stature crashing down on the ground.

I looked out between the dark bars that are scratched and saw Tauriel's long hair that glinted like flames. My breath came out in white mists as I reached out to the air. I felt a settle pull to Tauriel and saw a faint light.

I turned back into the cells and looked up the the ceiling; the scent of rotting leaves entered the cell. "The pull of the tides and faint hope of a star is what you are searching for" was written on it in my language. I knew that was from the darkness, Akihito.