Chapter 18

He walked up to Lucas and bent down in front of him. "You will be using this gun to kill either yourself."  He looked back at Mia "Or this pretty lady here.".

Eddie smirked and went back to stand beside Mia, as if waiting to watch a good show.

"So choose now Lucas. Make your choice. I'm waiting."

Mia had an urge to punch Eddie's gloating face but she didn't have the guts to, nor could she anyways. The chair had bounded her into hopelessness.

Lucas gripped the gun in his hand and aimed it at Eddie. He didnt think that Eddie would be stupid enough to give him a handgun.

Eddie chuckled and pointed to his right. Lucas looked and froze. Ray held a gun in his hand aimed right at his head.

"Now, Ray already doesn't want you to live, you might not want to give him a chance to shoot you in the head."

Lucas realised that Eddie had already planned things through. This kid is a psycho! He looked at the gun with wavering eyes.

"Lucas! Don't listen to him!" Mia shouted and looked worriedly at him. Lucas didn't move and stared begrudgingly at Eddie.

Eddie sighed impatiently, "Be quick." He stopped as if a sudden idea came into his mind. "How about we do it this way. If you don't decide in the next five minutes, I will kill her myself." He said it causally like he was talking about the weather.

Lucas gritted his teeth. He looked at Mia and saw the panic in her eyes. His eyes softened and a sad look emerged in them. Mia had been a great teammate to him, they had joined the ICF together and ventured through the obstacles in their path to reach the most elite team of undercover force of ICF at such a young age. Moreover, his feelings for Mia were way beyond normal friends. They had subconsciously come closer to each other and now given with such a decision, it wasn't hard for him to choose between them.

"Tick tick, time is passing by quick." Eddie reminded.

Lucas looked up at Mia and there was tenderness in his look which made Mia's heart skip a beat. He raised the gun and aimed it under his chin.

 He raised the gun and aimed it under his chin

Mia's eyes widened, "Lucas NO!!!"

She realised what he wanted to do. She found her heart clenching and felt extremely painful at the thought of Lucas shooting himself.

"LUCAS!!!" Mia sobbed as tears wouldn't stop streaming down her face. "You can't die! Just shoot ME instead!" 

Lucas gently shook his head, "Sorry Mia. I would want you to live. There was never a choice."

He closed his eyes and was about to pull the trigger when something hit the back of his head. The gun fell from his hand.

His vision turned black and he fell to the ground unconscious

"How touching..." There was slight distaste in Eddie's expression as he looked at Lucas who was lying on the ground. Ray stood behind him with Eddie's bat in his hand. He was the one who had knocked out Lucas.

"I would have preferred if he had chosen to shoot you." Eddie shook his head at Mia. "At least, things would have been spicier afterwards."

Mia was dumbstruck as she stared open mouthed at Lucas, her tears had yet to stop flowing.

"You...you..." she looked at Eddie with her blurry eyes that were confused. This made him chuckle.

"I have decided to spare him for now...Though I might change my mind later." He shrugged and walked towards Lucas, he bent down and checked the pockets on his shirt and pants.

Mia's face was pale but anger began to well up in her heart. "You! You're clearly playing with us- you little son of a-"

"THERE ARe children here, if you don't mind." Eddie pointed at Ray standing quietly in the corner.

"Who fucking cares!!!" When Mia starts swearing, it's usually very hard for her to stop.

"I DO! NOW SHUT UP!" He snapped and Mia closed her mouth because the look he gave her was a little scary. "Tch! Stupid thieves."

Mia got triggered again, "Who're you calling a thief?!"

"You! Who else? Aren't you a bunch of rat thieves?" Eddie rolled his eyes. "Now, keep quiet before I decide to silence you myself."

"Damn you! We're doing it for a good cause!"

"Bullshit!" Eddie ignored her and continued to go through Lucas' pockets. He found his phone, identity card, and some candy bars. Nothing out of ordinary until he found his ICF Badge.