Chapter 10

Emily was running through the corridor in order to reach the room from where the muffled screaming was coming from. All of a sudden, she caught sight of a slim figure turning the corner. She stopped, and she aimed the gun in front of her.

"Emily...?"

She recognised the familiar voice.

"Mia."

Mia came rushing up to her and Emily saw the disgruntled state she was in and frowned.

"What happened?"

Mia rolled her eyes in frustration that had been accumulated in the whole night. She was haggard and couldn't hide the tiredness in her voice.

"Look, we've been chased by one psychopathic black widow, one little kid with a butcher knife and a crazy mad lad that needs a fucking haircut. And now Tyson has gone missing and we can't find him!"

Emily wasn't surprised when she heard about the dire situation they were in. She had just met Ella downstairs and almost gotten herself killed so she had an inkling about their condition.

"It isn't safe to take them on alone so we better stay with each other and gather everyone in the same place." Emily suggested. Mia took in a deep breathe and nodded. "Good idea."

"Indeed a very good idea."

The two girls jumped and flashed their lights behind them. Eddie stood there against with the wall, swinging the bat in front of him as he gave a smile in their direction. The two looked at his bat which was dripping blood and took slow steps back.

"E-Emily, that's the k-kid that needed a haircut

"E-Emily, that's the k-kid that needed a haircut. He's a complete psycho!" Mia grabbed onto Emily's sleeves and felt her knees go weak, especially after looking at the bloody bat in his hands.

Emily who was frowning, turned to Mia. "Run."

They both dashed away like their lives depended on it. Which it did. Eddie chuckled and walked away in the other direction. He had someone else to deal with at the moment so he can't be bothered to attack a pair of timid girls.

Emily and Mia ran with all their might, they didn't hear anyone chasing them but they still didn't stop. They finally took a break in a n inner corridor that was situated at the back of the house and panted heavily while supporting themselves with the wall

"We...we're safe?" Mia huffed while she slid down along the wall.

Emily was breathing heavily as well. "I guess so."

"Don't let your guard down." Mia wiped the sweat on her forehead with the back of her hand. "These brats can pop out of nowhere." Emily raised an eyebrow then shook her head.

"I'm scared."

A little voice came from the end of the corridor taking Emily and Mia by surprise. They quickly turned to see a six year old girl looking at them with a pout while she tightly clutched her teddy bear that was almost unrecognisable.

Mia's heart sank, she pulled Emily.

"Another of them. Be careful. I haven't seen this one before." She was on guard against the little girl. Her heart started to beat faster when she saw the kid that looked so much like the little boy who chased them with the butcher knife.

Emily on the other hand, looked at the little girl and felt her heart soften. She wanted to walk up to her but was held back by Mia.

"Emily! What are you doing? Don't go near her. She may look cute and innocent but you don't know when she will attack. That's the speciality of these siblings. They appear cute and pretty but are in fact devil's incarnations."

"But, that may not be true." Emily interjected. "Look at her, she seems scared. How about we try to comfort her, she may be able to tell us information about the rest of them." She was adamant on her plan but Mia felt a little uncomfortable looking at the little girl. Something told her that it wasn't a good idea to go near her.

Emily put on a caring smile and slowly walked up to the girl and bent down.

"What's your name, little girl?"

She looked at the lady in front her with clear eyes.

"May "

"May? That's a pretty name. Did your parents name you?"

May nodded.

"Where are your parents?"

May went silent for a second before responding.

"They said that they were going somewhere very far away."

Emily didn't know how to interpret that. Whether the girl's parents were dead or somewhere overseas but her eyes softened while she looked at her.

"Why are you scared?"

"Because there are bad people in the house."

"Bad people? No honey, we're not bad, we came here for a good cause."

The girl looked down with a confused look on her face.

Her hand went into the teddy bear's stomach and she kept it there

"Really?"

"Yes." Emily warmly smiled at her like an older sister. 

"No..."

"Huh?" Emily saw as her face contorted and she looked up with hateful eyes.

"YOU ARE LYING!!!" She took out the pair of scissors from the teddy bears stomach, and slashed them at Emily's face. A cut, starting from her eyebrow to her chin formed on her face and her lips split open.

"EMILY!!!" Mia screamed grabbed the shotgun that Emily had placed on the floor and aimed it at the little girl.

"YOU! Get away from her, right this instant!" Mia shouted while gripping the trigger tightly, she aimed the gun at the girl's chest.

May looked at the shotgun pointed her way and took a few steps back while holding the scissors close to her chest. Mia ran up to Emily and saw her shocked expression as she clutched her face which was almost disfigured.

She looked up in rage but the little girl had disappeared by then.

"Emily, are you okay?" Mia asked worriedly when she saw no movements from her.

"Okay?...I'm not okay. My face is ruined!!!" She bursts into sobs while Mia hugged her.

"We'll do something about it when we make it out of here, okay? Calm down for now."

Emily slowly nodded and they both stood up. They really needed everyone to gather together or else, they don't have a chance to get out of this place alive.