Chapter 16

Lucas reached the door of the room that Mia was in. There was no sound coming from inside, it was complete silence on both sides.

"Go in." Devin whispered as he pressed himself on the wall beside the door, his hand was gripping the revolver in his hand tightly.

Lucas nodded and slowly turned the knob of the door, the door opened and revealed a pool of blood in front of it. His eyes widened but he put on a cool face and walked inside with his gun. In the middle of the room, he saw Mia who was tied up on a chair with belts tightened around her wrists and ankles. She didn't seemed badly hurt, just the blood dried up on her face made him worry a little.

"Is he hiding?..." Lucas thought and looked around the dark room. The curtains were pulled in and the only light source in the room was the candle that was lit beside Mia's feet.

"Hello, Buddy." Eddie's voice rang inside the room as he walked
out from the darkness and stood beside Mia. He looked at the open door behind Lucas.

"You brought a friend?" He asked, Lucas went on guard. How did he know, Devin was here as well?

"Well, it seems we will have to get rid of him." He said while putting on a thoughtful face. Suddenly, the door behind Lucas shut close. He looked behind, stunned and saw Ray standing between him and the door. Ray raised his hand and locked the door from inside.

"Two of them?!" Lucas thought and looked vigilantly at them

"Now, let's begin shall we?"
Eddie gave him a vicious look which was a blow to Lucas' confidence. He wondered why Devin hadn't broke in yet. What is keeping him outside?

—————

Devin stared at the blade that was stuck inside the wall, it would've been him who would've been stabbed if he hadn't moved on time. He looked back at Ella who was standing at a distance from him. In an instant, a few more black blades appeared in her hand.

Devin prepared himself. There was no fear on his face and he was looking forward to the fight. The blades came at him with lightning speed. He dodge them all, grabbed one from the air and threw it back.

The blade missed Ella's face by a hair's breadth. Devin looked sheepishly at her. "Going for your face wasn't my intention. I knew you would have dodged it."

Ella's emotionless gaze met his eyes and his face became serious again. He wasn't confidant in winning against her, and Lucas was inside with Eddie and the little guy. He won't be able to contend against the both of them. He needed to figure something out, fast.

He looked at the window beside him, kicked it open and jumped out into the rain. Ella saw him leave and narrowed her eyes at the broken latch of the window.

Outside, Devin had supported himself on the water pipe as he slid down to the ground. If he can't enter through the door then he'll have to break in through the window.

——————

In a shed, on the other side of the house, a figure supported himself with the help of the wall and positioned himself into siting with his back to the wall

Near him, a bloody piece of glass was thrown to the ground, the whole floor was filled with Peter's blood. Luckily for him, the shard had missed his vitals and didn't do much damage to his internal organs so he didn't die. He had tied up his wound with a clothe and did first aid to the best of his abilities but it was still very difficult for him to do any heavy movement.

He picked up his broken glasses and took out his phone and looked at whatever he had written up till now. He began typing.

"Peter managed to survive the attack but he was wounded badly and could not m-move. He was worried about his teammates and wa-wanted to help them." He looked out of the window, at the house in the distance.

It was raining heavily and even the lights of the house were turned off so he couldn't see what was happening from where he was. He remembered how Eddie came out of nowhere and attacked him and Lucas in the beginning. He always had the upper hand when he was in the house and even outside, in the darkness of the night, he couldn't escape from Eddie.

"There has to be some weakness..." Peter muttered and endured the pain on his chest as he stood with with the help of the table. He looked out and saw the garage of the house.

He wasn't sure whether it was by mistake or on purpose but the garage shutter was pulled up a little and the rain water was going into the garage. An idea popped up in Peter's mind. If he can drag himself into the garage, he may have a good chance to find the main switch board inside. This way, he could turn on the lights of the whole house. The siblings would loose their advantage and would not be able to do any sneak attacks.

Peter's eyes filled with determination as he made up his mind. He opened the door of the shed and went outside. The rain was making it harder for him to walk, his glasses didn't help it either. The water flowing between grass under his feet turned red as the blood on his body was washed down by the rain.

He reached the garage shutter and bent down to enter

He reached the garage shutter and bent down to enter. The garage was empty aside from a few stacked boxes and a desk where a number of tools were scattered on the surface. Peter picked up a small saw from among the tools and held it in his hands.

He picked up a flashlight and aimed it around the place to look for the switch board, he caught sight of one after looking around for a bit. His eyes lit up and he quickly walked up to it and opened the latch to reveal the rows and columns of switches. Just as he was about to turn them all on, something sharp slashed past his hand. Peter looked down a saw a black blade had pierced  straight through his hand. The sudden pain shot through his arm and he heard footsteps coming near him.

He tuned to the side and saw Ella standing there with black blades in her hand. She was looking emotionlessly at him and her aura was extremely cold, that Peter felt a chill as he looked at her. 

He was shocked and the only hope in his heart was extinguished. He couldn't possibly fight with his wounds, even with a girl and Ella didn't look like an easy opponent. Especially, with the deadly aura she was emitting.