Chapter 3

Lucas reached the first floor. The corridors were stretched towards each end of the house. There were about six rooms on the whole floor including the study. He was on the top most step when he felt something brush past his leg which left it tingling with a weird sensation that lingered for a few seconds. He jerked and looked down but he couldn't make out anything in the pitch blackness. He took out his flashlight and aimed it down the stairs but saw nothing.

"Just the wind, I guess." Lucas muttered and chose a random corridor to walk into.

At the end of the corridor, the first door he wanted to enter was closed. He jerked the door knob but it wouldn't open. The peculiar thing he found out was that on top of the door, there were a bunch of stickers and small plushies attached which gave an impression that the room belonged to children. According to their information, Klein Roberts does not have any young kids, all of them are grown up. But alas, this could also be a decoy.

He caught sight of a partially opened door at the end of the corridor.

Inside the room, he flashed his light around and saw a number of football posters pasted on the wall

Inside the room, he flashed his light around and saw a number of football posters pasted on the wall. In one corner, a bunch of sports trophies were stacked on a cupboard, the whole room looked like it belonged to a young boy who loves sports.

Lucas leaned in and read the name on one of the trophies.

"Eddie Macabre..." he muttered. Suddenly, he heard the door behind him open as if someone had rushed in. He was startled and quickly turned around.

"...saw Lucas in the room and was pleasantly surprised. Peter thought it was boring to search alone and it would be good to have someone with him. Not Jack, he bullies him."

Lucas gave a relieved sigh when he heard the familiar muttering. Peter looked at Lucas and gave a rare smile.

—————

"Found anything, Devin?" Mia said while she comfortably sat on the sofa like a lazy person and smoked her cigarette like the most un-busiest person ever. 

"I would if you could actually help me find it." Devin had just finished with the living room and did not find any hidden compartment.
Although he did learn that some walls of the room were hollow but there was no way for someone to go in there.

At that moment, he heard a shrill scream and Tyson barged into the room with a frantic and terrified expression.

"Fuck, Fuck, Fuck!" He rushed in while cursing and closed the door behind him with a bang and leaned on it as if he wanted to prevent someone from coming in.

"Tyson, what's wrong fellow?" Mia sat up lazily and gave a curious look his way. "What-What happened to your arm?!"

Mia and Devin saw that Tyson's left arm was bleeding heavily as if it was stabbed harshly by something.

"No time to tell! Help me block this door, quick-" The door he was blocking was kicked open and  Tyson fell a few feet away.

They looked at door which opened to reveal a thin figure dressed in all black. Her long black hair were cascading down to her waist, covering half of her devilishly pale face. They heard a dripping sound and looked down at her hand which held a kitchen knife stained with fresh blood which was dripping down to the brown carpet, staining it an ugly brownish red.

Clearly it was Tyson's blood

Clearly it was Tyson's blood. He was grabbing his left arm and dragged his body away from the girl.

"A ghost?" Mia peered closely at the girl standing under the doorframe, her young appearance showed that she was around their age but the aura of the girl made goosebumps appear on her arm. The gaze she was looking at them showed that she already saw them as dead people. This made Mia a little interested, which was pretty rare.

"You little lady, you injured my teammate. That won't end well for you." Mia licked her lips and stood up from the sofa.

"Mia, be careful." Devin warned, she made Tyson appear so scared, there must be a reason for that.

"I-I was no match for her. Be careful." Tyson had dragged himself behind Devin and looked apprehensively at the girl. He felt a little less worried after he found his teammates.

Mia chuckled and took out a pair of razor sharp daggers from her jacket and aimed it at her. She gave a vicious smile and sped towards her at an astonishing speed. There was no change in expression of the girl as she stared straight at Mia coming towards her indifferently. Just as the dagger was about to pierce through her chest, it stopped.

Next was heard an agonising scream of Mia as she tried to free her arm from the girl's grasp. It was twisted at a painful angle with a bone popping out at the elbow. The girl looked at the struggling girl on the floor with the same lifeless expression that held no mercy. Mia's face became fearful as she was well aware of that expression. There was no emotion or regard for life in those pair of eyes.

"Devin! Do something. She'll kill her!" Tyson became frantic again. The girl looked their way and tilted her head as if waiting for them to make their move. Devin looked straight in the eye and his face turned cold. He turned off his flashlight and the room went into pitch blackness.