Chapter sixteen

Leila's POV
We ended up at a waffle and ice cream shop with a very hyper Leena in her adorable school uniform... she sat next to me while her father sat across the table...

I try to ignore the goosebumps I feel everytime he talks to me... looks at me with those intense chocolate orbs... or when he smiles perfectly...
the very idea that I would be married and living with him hasn't completely registered in my brain...

Why me? Is the constant question that comes up whenever I think about it.

"Miss Leila?" I hear Leena's adorable voice... i must have been lost in my own thoughts

"Yes princess.." Then she smiled and showed me the menu she was holding.. "what would you like to have?" I asked her and she stared at the menu very seriously... like she is deliberating a very important contract...

"Uhm... is it Okay to have chocolate waffles with ice cream and strawberries?" She asked looking from me to her dad...

I looked up and our eyes locked... I immediately felt nervous... why is he staring at me like that?

The waiter came over to take our orders and was shamelessly ogling Jamal... literally not looking towards us... I almost believed that we were invisible...
Jamal didn't even notice... he was looking at the menu... and telling her the orders..

"What about you sweetheart?" He asked looking straight at me and I went purple.. doesn't he see Leena right there? He's calling me sweetheart in her presence! What tha hell!

"Uhm.. I.. I think I'm okay... I'll just have a cappuccino... thank you" I smiled at the waitress but regretted immediately... because she just gave me a very disgusting look before writing on her notepad...

"We can't come all the way here and you order a cappuccino..." Jamal stated

"Yes Miss Leila... you need to eat to keep your energy!!!" She scolded and that made me laugh...

"Okay princess... I'll have what you're having... but with chocolate icecream please.." I said.. this time not bothering to glance at the waitress..two can play that game stupid

We sit back and Leena was busy watching the TV beside her

We sit back and Leena was busy watching the TV beside her... I looked up to her father and he leaned closer...
"I think we should tell her now..." he suggested and I already felt a sweat down my neck... God why do I feel Nervous?

He gave me a reassuring smile with an "It's gonna be okay..." and I nodded slowly... then he cleared his throat... here goes nothing.

"Uhm Leena darling we have something to talk to you about..." he trailed and she sat properly and gave him her full attention...

"You like Miss Leila right?" He asked and she smiled

"Of course I like her daddy! She is the nicest woman ever.." she beamed and I couldn't help but smile...