Chapter four

Jamal's POV

"Okay just make sure everything is set, the flight, the hotel, and the appointment with the doctor

"Okay just make sure everything is set, the flight, the hotel, and the appointment with the doctor... thank you" I ended the call just in time for Mrs Adams to walk in

"Good morning sir.." she walked in with my cup of coffee and some files... how am I gonna survive without her here?

"Morning Mrs Adam... how's your son today? Is he ready?" I asked and she gave me an appreciative smile

"He's excited... I can't thank you enough for all you do..."

"You are family..." i shrugged and she passed me the coffee

"I was able to find the perfect replacement... she starts today..." she said and I narrowed my eyes..

"What happened to me interviewing her myself? And Why is she the only one?" I asked curiously

"You just have to Trust me on this... I promise she wouldn't disappoint..." she vowed and I was surprised... But I trust Mrs Adams...

"Okay... so where's this new replacement?" I asked and she went to the door... she opened and whispered something ...

I was looking at the files she brought in when I heard their footsteps walking towards me...
Mrs Adams cleared her throat and I looked up... whoa

"This is Ms Leila Habib... the new assistant.. Leila this is your Boss... Mr Jamal" I heard her introducing and it took ever ounce of strength in me to look away...

She looked up for a brief second and gave a small smile"Good morning sir" she greeted politely

"Good morning sir" she greeted politely... why does she look so familiar?

I quickly shook off whatever strange feeling I had when I saw her and spoke sternly.

"Morning Ms Habib and welcome to QuantumX... please sit." I gestured and she nodded...

I tried as much as I could not to look at her too much... Yes she's beautiful... pale even... but that's it

"It says here that you're a civil engineer?" I asked confused... I narrowed my eyes at Mrs Adams... why would someone with this qualifications be an assistant?

"As you know sir... I'll only be gone for a while... and since Ms Habib here is new.. she'll get the opportunity to learn about the company, when I get back, she can be moved to the engineering department of this company." Mrs Adams explained and I just looked at her suspiciously

I finally looked towards Leila and she was just playing with her fingers on her lap... is she shy?

"And you're okay with this Ms Habib? Work as an assistant with this qualification?" I asked directly at her now...

She finally looked up at me for a split second before looking at the table... confidence? Zero

"I am ready to learn sir... I don't have any objections to this.." she spoke sternly and I admired that a little

"Okay then... I hope you know that filling for Mrs Adams wouldn't be an easy thing... I can be a very difficult boss,
I work with time...
I don't tolerate lateness
I don't tolerate clumsiness
I like being organized in everything.."
I explained hoping to scare her off... it's better she knows what she's getting herself into..

"I'm up to the task Insha Allah" she said finally... I was a bit shocked but I'm glad she's ready to work.

"Okay... Mrs Adams... give her all the details, the schedules and appointments.. she can start tomorrow morning.. use the rest of the day to ask her questions and understand how everything works with me... I don't want any excuses from tomorrow, you'll be resuming in full and I shouldn't expect any mistakes.. you can go" I dismissed and she muttered a thank you before walking out...

"Are you sure about her Mrs Adams?" I asked when Leila left..

"Yes sir I am... now I have to go, I'll prep her for tomorrow," she picked up the files and left

I sit back thinking... where do I know that face from?

"Jamal I need a therapy session ASAP..." I hear my best friend as he slammed the door and crashed on my leather sofa... here we go again

"Dont you have work to do mahmud?" I raised an eyebrow at him when he just sat there... pouting like an idiot baby..

"I can't concentrate... I think I need a break..." he pouted and I rolled my eyes...
Mahmud is such a child sometimes... he probably fought with his wife at home and now I'm the one that had to listen to his complaints for the next 5 hours

"Sometimes I just wonder if she's the same person I fell in love with four years ago you know?" I could hear the hurt in his voice and it brought back my own painful past...

"Okay can we just not have this conversation? Let's go play ball tonight... that might help... what do you think?" I suggested... revisiting the past wasn't gonna help either of us...

"You're right... we leave after the meeting ... I'll pick you up at home, I wanna see Leena." He suggest and I nodded...

Leena is his goddaughter and they have a very special relationship... sometimes even I get jealous... Leena is all I have.