Chapter Twenty-four

Jamal's POV

''In the meantime, I grant the mother visitation rights until the next court date...

Adjourned... BAM"

I have been replaying the scenario in court since we got home, I can't seem to concentrate on anything, I suddenly felt the urge to punch something.

I sat outside at the garden to clear my head, I didn't want Leila to see me this way. The last time I was this angry was when I found out that Leena was abandoned in my front porch, but the moment I saw her tiny face, the anger melted. And I knew I loved her unconditionally. And now this evil woman wants to take her away from me.

I clench my jaws and hands until I felt a delicate hand on my shoulder, suddenly I felt some sort of relief... Leila didn't say anything, she just rested her face on my shoulder and wrapped her hands delicately around my body... she didn't have to say anything, I felt the message.. she was telling me it was going to be okay.

"Better?" she asked softly  but I shook my head, I took her hands and guided her round the chair I was sitting, I pulled her to sit next to me and embraced her in a hug, thankfully she didn't fight it, she simply laid her head on my chest and played with the fourth button on my shirt.

"Better." i replied, as i stroke her back, what i loved the most about this is how comfortable it feels, like we have known each other for years.

Leena was staying at Grandma Habib's house for the week, i would have broken down if i saw her today after the court. i keep ruminating on how to keep my daughter away from that woman, I have tried so hard to get a read on Khadija, to see if there was even an ounce of remorse or regret for neglecting her child, but she is as cold as ice..

"What's on your mind?" I hear her ask softly.. as she raised her head a little from my chest and looked at me with her beautiful brown eyes...

"I can't seem to shake the thought that she's here with an ulterior motive... not because she wants Leena back in her life.." I confessed
"I just don't understand why she's coming back now, after all these years.. I tried to look for her, but she wanted nothing to do with us.... I don't know how to explain to Leena, what am I gonna say?" i suddenly panicked. How am i going to explain to her that her mother suddenly appeared after so long?

"Hey, One step at a time, we'll make it work insha Allah" she assured as she gave me a soft half smile.

She successfully dragged me to the kitchen and sat me down on the island stool as i watched her make spaghetti Bolognese, we casually got to learn about each other..

Her favorite food was pasta

She loves freshly squeezed orange juice

Strawberries

Hershey's chocolate
I was taking a mental note of everything she was saying, I was also using the opportunity to study her.
She was so engrossed in dicing the carrots and I noticed how she pursed her lips when she is concentrating on something.. it brings out her deep dimples that does crazy things to my imagination...
I want to kiss her, bite her lip

"What are you doing to me?" I sighed but then she looked at me puzzled.. shit, i said it out loud

she nervously continued to slice some strawberries and i found myself walking round the kitchen counter to where she was standing.

i leaned closer and rested my hands on either side of her, trapping her.. almost resting my head on her shoulder.. I could almost taste the vanilla scent of her perfume..
"Hey..." she breathed almost to herself.. I could tell she was nervous, probably remembering what happened the last time I trapped her on this counter.

"I just wanted another one of those sweet hugs of yours" I said softly and I could see the smile form up on the side of her face.. with a blush.

"And why is that?" She teased as she turned to face me.. with our faces just inches apart.. shit
I want more than a hug

"Because I asked so nicely baby.." I replied staring at her lips.. almost lost in trans thinking of what they taste like..

we stare at each other for what felt like forever, drowning in each others eyes, silently conversing with each other... i reached up and traced her face with my fingers, so smooth like butter...

"God you are so beautiful" i breathed, and she blushed as she muttered a thank you, i find her shyness very cute. i trace my thumb to her lips and she slightly parted them, trying to catch her breathe

i look back at her eyes, begging for her approval to let me

i was so afraid she didn't feel the same way, i never want to force her to do anything she didn't want to.. even thou it will hurt a lot to know that she doesn't feel the same way. At this point , i don't know what is going on with us, i don't care...  i just know that i want her, i am addicted to her.

She looks up to me and i knew she wanted it too.

i snake my hands and wrap them around her waist to pull her close and she wraps hers around my neck, standing in tip toes and looking at me courageously but looking down almost immediately because she was shy...

i take my hand and lift her face softly shaking my head.. "stop being shy.. i love your eyes" i say softly and before she could mutter a response i swallowed it with a soft but hungry kiss, and it felt a million times better than i imagined...

i gently picked her up and placed her on the counter, placing myself between her legs, she surprised me by  pulling me closer with her arms around my neck, deepening the kiss

yes i have been dreaming of this probably since the first day i saw her even if i wouldn't admit it to myself

i unwillingly broke the kiss and looked at her eyes, trying to read her, if she had any regrets... but she softly placed her palm on my cheeks, tickling my beard and i knew we both felt the same way.. so i pulled her into another kiss... this time? not so soft

And here i come to the irrefutable conclusion that i am screwed.