Chapter Ten

Leila's POV
"Well... yesterday Was a weird day..,
My boss was being a total mean human...
that Mrs khadija was rude to me as well... don't get me started on the man she came with. He was just pure evil... he kept on looking at me like he was hungry.
That is probably the most disgusting thing ever.. and no. It didn't end there.. after his so called wife went into the meeting room... he came back to my desk and tried flirting with me... asking me for my number" I frantically complained as my best friend Nini was eating all my mini twix on my bed... she had come for a sleep over on a weekday and expected me to stay up all night with her... well... what are best friends for?

"What a douche bag... did you use the pepper spray I gave you?" Nini asked... stuffing more chocolate in her mouth...

"Oh I wanted to so badly... but they might be important guests to uncle Fahad and Jamal... I don't want to get fired just yet..." but I really wanted to smack his face...

"I couldn't seem to shake off the fact that the woman's face looked familiar... like I have seen it somewhere.." still remembering her eyes...

"Maybe on Instagram or something... you did say she looked like a model right?" Nini suggested... she's probably right

"I should probably sleep now... I don't want to be late" I changed into my pjs and hopped on bed... it was already 11:43pm

"Yeah ... you just want to hurry and go see you future boyfriend at the office! I'm just gonna watch the last episode of All Rise.." and I rolled my eyes.. if Nini said one episode... she means a whole season... oh and she has this big dream of me marrying Jamal... yeah right

I was about to set my alarm when a text came in...

Hello Leila... are you awake?
Jamal

Whaaaaat? He called me Leila.... and what does he want this late... I sit up and type

Hello.. yes I am... is everything alright?

I need another favor...

Okay sir...?

I was waiting for a reply but my phone started ringing instead.. it's him...

My heart started beating so fast and my fingers are shaking..

"Salam..." I muttered almost to myself..

"Salam Leila.. I'm sorry if I woke you..." his voice was so deep... but I could tell he was tired... or worried?

"No no... i wasn't sleeping... is everything okay? Is it Leena???" I asked hoping it isn't... shes such an angel

"No.. she's fine... but I need your help with her..." he trailed... like he was confused...

"I'd do anything for her... she's an angel..." I smiled... just thinking about her bubbly laughter

"Can I bring her to stay with you tomorrow? I'll tell you why when I come over... I can't discuss it over the phone..." He explained and I knew something was up..

"Okay but...

"Don't worry about work.. you can have a free day with my daughter.." he explained

"Okay... I'll be expecting her.."

"Thank you Leila... for everything." And the line went dead.. you could have waited for a "you're welcome"
Argh....

——————
"LEILAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
LEILAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"

"Nooooooo! Maaaaa I'm not going to work!!!!!!!!!" I yelled from under my pillow... hoping my mom will stop calling..

"Come on down for a minute!!!! It's urgent!" She yelled back and I wanted to scream... I unwillingly dragged myself out of bed... stumbling on a sleeping Nini on the floor... it was just 7am... God!
I knew my mom was probably with uncle... so i dragged on my slippers and I just let my hair loose