Chapter 24

Sitting at a table I did nothing but stare. I wanted to get out of here and go home. I haven't had a visitor in a month.

I missed my family and I wanted to see how they were doing. If dave actually got help or not. "Cherish you have a visitor." I walked back to my room where I saw Kairi.

"Kai!" I hugged her with tears in my eyes. "Hey sissy." I pulled from her and sat down. Kairi was glowing and i know she better not be fucking pregnant.

"I have some good news." She said and I nodded. "Dad seems to be getting better." I nodded.

"What you mean, seems to be getting better?" I asked. Its either hes getting better or not.

"Meaning, he doesn't hit us anymore I saw him throw away all of his pills last week and hes acting more of a dad. Hes even getting money to get Karin out of jail." I smiled.

"I've never been so happy to see him doing better. He said next thing he has to do is get you outta here." She laughed.

"God is truly good." I nodded and she hugged me. "I cant wait for you to come home." She said starting to cry.

"Kairi dont cry." I said pulling away. She looked me in my eyes and frowned.

"Cherish....your eyes." She said and I frowned in confusion. "What?" I asked. I didnt have a mirror since I was suicidal.

"Their...dark. they've never been that dark before." I shrugged. "This place is changing you. Have you been taking your meds?" I shook my head.

"They haven't given me my meds for my chest pains or my schizophrenia. If anything the voices are growing louder." I said looking down.

She groaned. "So your not improving?" I shrugged. "Well your not. If their not giving you your meds for you to get better your not gonna get better at all." I sighed and she looked around the room.

"This room is driving you crazy isn't it?" She chuckled and i nodded. "Its annoying i asked if i  only change the color and they told me no."

I put papers on the walls that I drew but I got tired of scribbling on paper and taping it.

We talked for a little while longer before she left. I went back down the long hallway into the cafeteria and sat down. A lady walked up to me who worked here. "Your expected to leave in just a few weeks." Then she walked off.

I opened my notebook and pulled out a picture I had of Jordan. "Hes cute. That your brother?" A girl came up to me smacking her gum.

"No my boyfriend." She looked me up and down and scoffed. "Ion know what the hell he sees in you." Sighing I wrote in my notebook.

She sat next to me looking at the picture. "He probably found a girlfriend that's less crazy." She said popping her gum and she in my hear with it.

I wanted nothing more than to rip her hair out but I was leaving soon and I had to be good or else they'd expand my time.

"Your calling me crazy but don't know half the shit I've been through." I said sighing and she rolled her eyes.

"You ain't special we all went thru sum shit in our lives to be here. You ain't got only one." I rolled my eyes and took out a pictures I had of the rest of my family.

"Dave East. You a fan?" I shook my head. "That's my dad." I said and she rolled her eyes. "Why you lyin like that?" I sighed.

"Dave East aka David Brewster is my mother's husband they had two kids together. My little sister Malaysia and my other sister DJ. Their married and have been since I was a kid 7. My mom is Karin Karin Jinsui that's why my mom changed my last name to Brewster." I said and she sighed.

"I hate people like you who lie about everything. Your fucking crazy and--"

"Bianca leave her alone." A girl said, Bianca, scrunched up her face.

"Oh hey Chyra. Feeling like killing anyone today? Or are you still a junkie?" I saw the girl tense up and I could see she was ready to fight so the other two kids, a boy and a girl, held her shoulders.

"Nope, but I still see you need and want to be in control of everything. I wonder, what were your last words before your mother--"

Bianca lunged at her, several doctors took her off of Chyra. "Stupid bitch. Junkie!" She shouted as they carried her away.

She got off the floor and sat next to me. "Sorry bout her, I'm chyra." She introduced and her other two friends sat down.

"Cherish." She nodded.

"These my friends, Nasir and Zarina." I said hi and they said hi back.

"Shes so cute. Your sister?" I nodded. "Tell us about your family." Nasir said.

"That's my mom, Karin Jinsui, shes been married to him, Dave East, ever since I was 7. This is Kairi Brewster, Dave's biological daughter and these are the two kids they made together. DJ aka David Jr and Malaysia." They nodded.

"What about you guys?" I asked them. "I only lived with my mom and shes working hard to get me outta here." Chyra said.

After they told me about their family and home life we got quiet.

"Why you here?" Zarina asked. "Schizophrenia." She nodded. "I'm here for hallucinations." Nasir said and I turned to him.

"You see stuff that others cant?" He nodded. "My cousins dead and I see her almost all the time. Ever since I was 10, everybody thought I was crazy." I nodded.

"Why?" Zarina asked.

"Every three weeks, I see my dad but hes dead." I frowned. "Why you here?" I asked her.

"I'm paranoid always feeling like someone is out to get me." I nodded.

"I'm here for drug use. Ever since I was 14." The rest of the day I hung out with my new friends.

But the voices grew loud.

Kill Bianca...