Chapter 8

Zy and I was minding our business playin COD when my doorbell rang. I scrunched up my face since I wasnt expecting anybody no time soon.

"You told someone to come over?" I asked Zy. "Nah, its prolly the girls." He said and I shrugged. I went to open the door hoping it was Cherish.

Instead it was Chanya. She looked at me smiling.

"Wassup boo." She said walkin up in my house like she owned the shit. I sucked my teeth, disappointed it wasnt my Chiquita.

"Girl, what you want?" I said annoyed. She smiled at me and came closer. "I missed you mi amor." She said.

I backed up and rolled my eyes. "Nice to know. Bye bye." I said pointing to my door. "C'mon baby you dont want me to leave." I said and I nodded my head.

"Yeah I do." I said and she sucked her teeth. "Why is yo new girl up in here?" She asked.

"I have no new girl. Listen you need to go." I said and she rolled her neck. Ew.

"That bitch you been hanging wit..." She said and I rolled my eyes. "Goodbye."I said and she left.

God

Cherish

Kairi was coming home today and since mom was at her store and Dave was at his new barbershop i had to get her.  I unwillingly went to the hospital.

When I walked through the door and was still laying in bed. Her face was lookin normal so I'm sure her face either healed or he aint hit her as much.

"Cherish.." she said sitting up. I sat in the chair since we had to wait for the doctor. "Hey." I mumbled.

It was quiet for a moment and I looked at her. Kairi. The girl I met at the park.

The girl I would always protect no matter what. Kairi changed so much and I hated it. Seein her like this was easy. I loved her more than I loved my other siblings.

"Why didn't you just listen to me?" I asked her and she looked at me. She was hurt, I could see it in her eyes.

I was highly disappointed in her. "I dont know." She spoke quietly. "I just--"

"Thought I was jealous." I finished for her and she nodded. "Yeah." She whispered.

A tear fell from my eyes. "Cherish I'm sorry I really am. I never shouldve said all that to you. I should've listened to you." She said started to cry.

"Kairi. I'm disappointed. What happened to you? You've changed so much." I said and she shrugged.

"I-I dont know. But Cherish I really need you right now. Ion remember nothing. I'm sorry." She choked and I hugged her.

"Stop allat crying and shit. No matter what you gon always have me. I'm sorry too. I guess I was bein selfish." I said and she pulled away

"No. I should've listened to you and I didnt. Now look at me." She said. "God." She said crying and I wiped away her tears.

"From here on out ima always be by yo side. No matter what. But you gotta get yo self straight. Stop fuckin with this guys, settle down." I said and she nodded.

"Ima change." She told me. "I know." Afterwards she was discharged and we went to the ice cream parlor and got ice cream. I caught her  up on shit about Jordan and everything.

"Aw my sis got ha self a boyfriend." She said giggling. I scrunched up my face.

"Hes not my boyfriend." I said and she laughed. We then went home laughing and shit.  "I see yall made up." DJ said walkin in.

"I see you still nosey." Kairi said making a smoothie. "Mom said one of yall gotta get Laysia from Daycare." DJ said. "I'll do it." Kai said and left without another word.

I got two cups and poured the smoothie in them. I put one cup in the fridge and I drunk out the other one and went to my room.

I was going through Instagram when I saw a post.

It was of Jordan and some girl kissing. Her insta was famous_.chy and the post was posted an hour ago.

I sighed as I started feeling disappointed. And I thought he was different.