Chapter 20

I opened my eyes and looked around the room. I was in the hospital. Nobody was in here with me and I wanted my mom.

I hit the red button and a nurse came in. "Your awake finally." She said cheerfully. "How long was I sleep?" My voice was raspy and it hurt when I talk.

My mouth felt like a damn desert. "Two weeks." She said and I nodded. "Wheres my mom?" I asked my voice was so damn hoarse it wasnt even funny.

"Pretty sure shes home. Would you like me to call her?" I nodded. "Okay and how about a Ginger Ale?" I nodded and she left.

I was  annoyed that I let those stupid voices drive me to an edge but I was also annoyed that I survived. I'm supposed to be dead.

Moments later a police offer came in I mugged her. "I'm detective Kim-- "
"I don't think I asked and I'm not speaking to you until my mother comes back." I said still mugging her.

"Understandable." She said nodding and until my mother came she tried making small talk. I growled because she was getting on my damn nerves.

Finally my mom came in and shook hands with Kim. "Hey baby how you feeling?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"My voice is hoarse and my throat hurts." She nodded and the nurse helped me sit up so I could drink my Ginger Ale.

"Ok shall we get started?" I nodded. "Are you suicidal?" I swallowed the soda and took a deep breath but instantly regretted that when pain shot throughout my chest and I winced.

"Sometimes." I mumbled. "Is this the first suicide attempt?" I shook my head. "I was going to hang myself but my brother walked in my room." I traced the lining of my soda can.

"Can you tell me why?" Tears fell from my eyes. "They told me to." I whispered. "Who?" She asked and my mom was crying.

"The voices."

Karin

Kim pulled me outside the room as I cried. "I think Cherish suffers from schizophrenia." I grabbed a tissue.

"Also we searched Dave's house and found no drugs at all. Are you sure hes on drugs?" I nodded.

"Hes abusive but it isn't him its them damn pills. Hes trying to take my kids away from me." I cried and she nodded.

She left and I went into the room with Cherish. "Hey baby." I cooed and she looked at me. "Am I crazy?" I shook my head.

"N-No of course not." She nodded. "I feel crazy. I mean like who the hell hears voices in their head telling them to kill theyself."

"You've been through a lot Cherish. Its okay." A boy walked in with flowers walked inside. "Uh should I--"
"Mom can you go outside I need to talk to him." I nodded and walked out the room but I still eavesdropped.

Cherish

Jordan put the flowers on the table next to my bed and sat in the chair my mother sat in. "Hey, how you feelin?" I shrugged. "Got chest pains and a minor headache but other than that I'm good." He nodded.

"I'm so sorry." He said and I looked at him. "Bout what? You didn't make me drive into that tree." I said even though it was partially his fault.

But again its mine. I could've ignored them. "It is. You were going through so much shit and I wasnt there. Then i lied to all them people." He started to cry.

"Get up here with me." I said and he laid next to me. "Jordan dont cry." I said and he looked at me.

"Why did you do it? Please tell me." He choked and I looked at him.

"These voices in my head." I said and he closed his eyes. "Your schizophrenic?" He asked and I looked at him.

"I don't know." I said but I knew schizophrenic people heard voices. "If you are you know your going to go to a mental hospital?" I frowned.

"No I'm not. I'm on 24 hour suicide watch."

"Baby...wanna be my girlfriend? I know I did some dumb shit but I will fix it. I promise." He said and kissed me. I kissed him back my fingers getting tangled up in his hair.

I pulled away since I couldn't breath and laid my head on his chest. "Yes I'll be yo girlfriend." I smiled.

We laid like that for an hour before I fell asleep.